San Diego scope out, hang out


Advertisement
Published: April 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

SD1SD1SD1

Views from the backyard
This is for 17th-19th.

On Saturday we all got up and went to a local restaurant near the beach. Fish tacos apparently is the big signature food around here, I went with that. I agree with JK's philosophy that it pays to do the best with what you have available but not in a worrisome way - was good. Also got an Acai fruit smoothie, only my 2nd time or so having that.

After that, stopped by a little farmer's market grocery store, picked up some vegetables, fruit, steaks and turkey legs for me.
We spent the next couple hours cleaning up the house - floors were all sticky from the beerfest friday night.
After that we had the cookout.

Later we sort of watched beerfest but everyone dozed off, we all took a little nap, then myself, JK and Jackie headed to 'Stingaree'. We got signed up on a VIP list beforehand so we got in for free. It was the snazziest and wildest club I've ever been to. It had 3 floors, the first two were indoors, the 3rd was the roof - all had dining areas and the first and second had dancefloors. We got there at about 9:30 and it slowly filled up. After a little mingling and drinking we headed down to the bottom floor for some dancing. It started out with about 3 or 4 feet of personal space but as time went on it got more and more crowded, so you inevitably had to dance with people. I did a lot of dancing - was the first time I've really done my own thing with it before. It was a great time. A lot of the German folk who were at the party the night before were here too, it was one guy's birthday.

JK's been offering me a bunch of random foodstuffs and drink, very accommodating and I always appreciate trying new things, food definitely.
Also got a little acupuncture action yesterday from JK.

Yesterday we headed over to the Hillcrest farmer's market, for some Gyros with beef that had been slowly roasted on a vertical turning spit with a heating element next to. First time I've had meat of that style though I've heard of it. Also got some Hibiscus drink (also called jamaica, pronocuned 'huh-my-kah') and some old world portugese cheese.
JK bought a freshly slaughtered heritage chicken and a bunch of vegetables, strawberries.

Later that evening we had a really nice dinner JK fixed up. Started with some strawberries, rice with porcini mushrooms then the main course with roasted beets, chicken with yam and purple carrots all in some beer, cooked in cast iron. Steamed beet tops, cheese, and wine, a little corona.

Today, the 19th, I met a few of JK's friends who came over for a little acupuncture - they were all new to it and pretty skiddish with the needles. One, Ashley is a former gymnast, her brother had been at olympic level competition. She suggested we head to a gym at some point later and I could learn from some really talented people..for like $10. Sounds cool.
Before they came over here they actually hung out with 'Steel Magnolia' at a show then ate dinner with that band. Apparently they're pretty famous.

Then we headed to a 70% off sushi rolls place, Surf side sushi. Bill was $40 for 6 of us and each of us had a good 15 pieces or so. Pretty good deal, decent quality.

So tonight things will be wrapped up here, gonna try and get some pictures of the good times and I'll be heading off to Valley Center tomorrow to the farm "Paradise Green"...after a possible session with someone I know or knew.









Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

StingareeStingaree
Stingaree

At Stingaree with a couple German friends


22nd April 2010

i like the party and the food, i wish i was there

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0296s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb