Sans Clothing Diego


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Diego » La Jolla
September 2nd 2023
Published: August 28th 2023
Edit Blog Post

I dedicate this email to my buddy, Webb. Please understand, Webb has been to the beach in Rio!!!
Most everyone knows about the famous nude beach here in San Diego. Black's Beach is a legend of sorts. Besides its notoriety as a nude beach, it also sits near the famous Torrey Pines Golf Course. But there might be more to this famous beach than meets the naked eye. First, Black's Beach is named after the thoroughbred horse breeding Black family. But the land was later sold, subdivided, and became La Jolla Farms. Black's Beach did not become a mecca for surfing until the Sixties. There are multiple routes to the beach, none very easy. Most require rock scrambling and a steep descent or climb. I would assume then, that getting there might best be accomplished while fully clothed, and wearing good shoes. The trail, as I mentioned, is rather treacherous. So, leave it to the surfers to "rename" it, fondly as the Ho Chi Minh Trail, after the famous trail in Vietnam. In that same vein, the trail and stairs are maintained by Black's Beach Bares, a clothing optional advocacy group. They do their best to keep the trail safe, despite any restrictions of the San Diego Municipal Code. Most people do not know Black's has two sections, north and south. North is owned by the state parks and is still clothing optional. South is owned by the city of San Diego and is no longer clothing optional. Needless to say, I prefer the north! The best feature of the south is a view of the famous Salk Mansion. I know many of my readers were hoping for more revealing photos. But this is a mostly PG rated email. So, if you want more, just google Black's Beach in San Diego. While I did not visit Black's Beach on this trip, I have been there! And I have been to the numerous nude and topless beaches in Europe. There must be an unwritten rule: you must be in good shape and very attractive! Just remember, most beaches in Europe are sans clothing, and it is not a big deal!!! But I did hang out at a beach in Marbella for an afternoon, enjoying the cool breezes, and beautiful scenery. You just never know where I might spend the day. Here's to you, Webb!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0173s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb