Day 15


Advertisement
Published: May 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

HollywoodHollywoodHollywood

Welcome to Hollywood
Hi folks!

Well sadly last day today :O( And what better way to spend it than visiting the Movie stars homes and other landmarks in Hollywood!! Firstly we went on an open air trolley bus and went around Hollywood visiting the famous sites such as the Hollywood Bowl which is the largest amphitheatre in America and has been host to some of the biggest acts. We then drove on and got to view and take pictures of probably the most famous sign in the world "Hollywood" which was originally called Hollywoodland, but the land came down in a landslide. The sign was originally erected by an estate agents of the same name to advertise to everyone in the valley to buy homes in the hills. Each letter stands 45 ft tall so a pretty big advert....lol The realters are still there today and you can buy property anywhere from $1 million which would start you off at the bottom of the hills, to $40 million which would put you at the top.
Next stop was Grauman's Chinese theatre where the stars put there hand prints in the floor and you have the walk of fame runs trhough along it. We couldn't stop long there as we had to move on to the next part of our tour which was the stars home's.

This took us around Beverly Hills & Bel Air where we got to see some impressive properties, not to mention the fire hydrants which are platinum....lol
To name but a few of the properties in Beverly Hills were; Laurence Fishburne, Ringo Starr, Christina Aguillera (former home of the Osbournes), Tom Cruise, Dr Phil, David Beckham, Jackie Chan, Kathy Bates, P Diddy, Peter Falk.
Then Bel Air we have; Elvis, Sean Connery, Steve Martin, Demi Moore, Richard Gere, Nic Cage, Nancy Reagan, Liz Taylor, Johnny Carson, Howard Hughes.

After that we drove to Rodeo Drive saw where Richard Gere picked up Julie Roberts in Pretty Woman and all the top designer shops.
Then it was back to the hotel to check out and head for the airport :O(. Wasn't sad to leave LA as the weather had deteriorated to Englands current climate, cold, wet & windy.

It was sad to be coming home though.

Roll on Oct - Florida, see ya then :O)

Mahalo for watching.

Aloha x


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Live at the Hollywood BowlLive at the Hollywood Bowl
Live at the Hollywood Bowl

For one night only!!
Hotel waterfallHotel waterfall
Hotel waterfall

The last Pic :O(


Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb