Disneyland - Have a Magical Day!


Advertisement
Published: July 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Me and my First Time badge.Me and my First Time badge.Me and my First Time badge.

This was me in the line to enter Disneyland before the gates open.
We arrived into Anaheim in the afternoon and got settled into the hotel. Since we had decided to spend two nights there was no need to rush. We headed to Downtown Disneyland to check out the Disney Emporium Store and choose what we wanted to buy the next day. He he he. We also brought our tickets for Disneyland!

1st of April, a day I had waited 26 years for; I was going to Disneyland. We got up early, dressed making sure I had my “first visit” badge on straight and off we went across the street to DISNEYLAND. My excitement levels were building.

We got there when the gates opened at 9am. We headed straight to the "Indiana Jones" ride, we waited in line for a little while, until we were told the ride was broken and they were trying to fix it. We waited a little to see if it could be fixed quickly, nope, we all piled out the exit and got given fast track tickets for later.

On we went to “Big Thunder Mountain Railway” in Frontier Land. It was a south west styled land and we then went to the next ride and
Stephen and the lineStephen and the lineStephen and the line

Stephen eagerly awaits the opening of the park.
we braved "The Wild Wild West". It was really good with loads of turns and drops. From there we headed across to Tomorrow Land and lined up for "Space Mountain". It was an indoor roller coaster and it was great, completely dark and loads of turns and loops. Definitely worth the 40 minute wait!!

We then headed back to Adventure Land, to see if Indiana Jones was working again and lucky for us it was. It was a great ride, you are in a truck and you drive through the temple and jungle. It felt like you could have fallen out the sides, it was great! The ride scenes were fantastic it made you feel like you were on a movie set. The next ride we went on was in Critter Land and rode “Splash Mountain”. It was a log ride with a five storey drop. And what a drop! The ride scenery was set amongst the Song of the South movie. It was lovely; I used to love that movie as a kid. This was followed by a HUGE bag of fairy floss!! Sugar Rush to the max!!

The next ride was the "Pirates of Caribbean". The beauty of this ride was the scenery again was fantastic, just like the movie. We had previously thought about going on the "Matterhorn Bobsled" in Fantasy Land. But the line was too long and they didn’t have a fast track option. Since the line was so long went on other ride instead, we came back and it was much shorter and moved quicker. On we went, it was very cool, very rickety and a bit old but still cool.

From there we decided to slow down and explore the park and take some photos. We stumbled across the "Tea Cups", so aboard we went and spun them so quickly it was so much fun. I love those tea cups. We then took a ride through the street of London in the "Mr. Toads Wild Ride" and walked through Sleeping Beauty’s Castle. It was lovely they told the story through lighting and pictures. Fantastic.

We then wandered into Toontown, and walked into Mickey’s house and had our photos taken with the man himself. We decided that since we had seen the main parts of the park we would upgrade our tickets and head across to California Adventure Park. This
The Tea CupsThe Tea CupsThe Tea Cups

This is me, trying to make them spin faster, Stephen hates spinning rides!
55-acre theme park consists of five areas: Sunshine Plaza, Hollywood Pictures Backlot, The Golden State, A Bug's Land and Paradise Pier. Each area is meant to resemble various aspects of California, its culture, landmarks and history.

We headed straight for Condor Flats; we wanted to get our photo taken with Lightning McQueen and Mater from Cars. We were both very excited and the girl there took a photo with our camera so we didn’t have to pay and we got one together.

Next on the list was "California Screaming". It was a great roller coaster, we upside down and you got shot up curves and down hills and round corners. It was great. We then lined up 45 minutes for "Muholland Madness" it was actually kinda bad, not worth the wait. We then explored the Bugs Life Land, it was a children's water section. It was really good for little kids. We had some time before the street parade in Disneyland at 6pm, so we went on the "Muppet's 4D Ride". It was great. Firstly it was just fun because of the Muppets, but the 4D was a great time, with bubbles falling from the roof and water
The Tea CupsThe Tea CupsThe Tea Cups

Stephen with his brut strength got them spinning fast, it was so much fun!
being sprayed. It was time to head across to Disneyland for the evening parade. It was great even though I couldn’t see too much, I hate being so short! All the characters were there and I got some great photos. And had fun.

Since we were in Disneyland again, we headed to the "Haunted House" ride, it was fantastic. They took you down into the house via an elevator and then we boarded pod things. They took you along a conveyor belt, with a few twist and turns. It was fantastic scenery and holograms, the lighting was amazing. At the end of the ride we even had a ghost sitting next to us! It was great and really looked as though it was there.

After this ride we only had an hour or so before the California Adventure Park closed, so back we went and we lined up for 45 minutes for the "Toy Story Mania". It was a series of arcade style games, where you had to shot at different things to get points. I was doing well but had a bad round and Stephen won. It was such a great ride well worth the wait.
Me, Stephen, Mater and Lightning McQueenMe, Stephen, Mater and Lightning McQueenMe, Stephen, Mater and Lightning McQueen

After driving all over America we finally found Radiator Springs.

The fireworks started at 9pm, so we had about 45 minutes to kill shopping before then. Lucky for us we had worked out what we were going to buy so it was pretty easy. We reached the 12 hour mark and we were both getting pretty tired. The fireworks came and were fantastic; they were themed around the major rides and even had Tinkerbell flying across Sleeping Beauty Castle. We along with most of the other people headed back to the hotel and fell fast asleep, dreaming of the magical day we had shared at Disneyland.

We slept in after our big Disneyland Day. We made our way back to the bus station and waited. Our last Greyhound bus back to Los Angeles.

Just one more blog and then you don’t have to read them anymore.

Till next time,
Love Michelle and Stephen.
xox



Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Stephen and The Road SignStephen and The Road Sign
Stephen and The Road Sign

We searched our US road map to find Radiator Springs, little did we know we'd find it in California, no where near route 66.
Stephen and his hatStephen and his hat
Stephen and his hat

He chose the hat, great choice don't you think?
Me and Mickey EarsMe and Mickey Ears
Me and Mickey Ears

We had thought about buying them, but I thought they were slightly impractical for food shopping in Coles.
Me in ToontownMe in Toontown
Me in Toontown

Feeling the burn!
Stephen in ToontownStephen in Toontown
Stephen in Toontown

The background is fake, but the blue sky isn't. That's how nice the day was.
The ParadeThe Parade
The Parade

Mickey and Minnie Mouse, our hosts for the day.
The ParadeThe Parade
The Parade

Donald and Daisy Duck as well as Woody.
Mr. Potato HeadMr. Potato Head
Mr. Potato Head

He greeted us at the entrance of the Toy Story Mania ride, it was fantastic. I'm still bitter I didn't win.
Downtown DisneylandDowntown Disneyland
Downtown Disneyland

And the crowds.


Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0757s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb