It Really is Always Something


Advertisement
Published: June 12th 2014
Edit Blog Post

A Great Way to Start Our TravelA Great Way to Start Our TravelA Great Way to Start Our Travel

Now this is a way to get out of walking thru Rome!
Well it really is always something!

We were only home 2 days last week, Sat & Sun. We had inspections on Monday, babysat on Tues-Thurs, and drove to Eureka to inspect on Friday and then drove home arriving that night. We had to leave again on Monday for inspections that evening and Tues a.m. This has left little time to do much more planning. But it has given us some windshield time, I got lots of work done but then we had time to think thru some of what we need to take, starting lists of things to pack.

Our German friend, Dieter, couldn’t reach me thru email. He had to copy his email onto my facebook page with info which included where we will meet and when. I’ve had to rethink how I respond as Facebook responses are very tedious.

We had a last minute claim in Burney then had to drive all the way up to the Northern CA border. It was late we were tired, restaurants were closed and then our granddaughter called. She’d tripped on her flowing pants, bent her foot back and now couldn’t put weight on her foot. Of course, we were in and out of service so trying to determine care was difficult.

Once we arrived in Yreka we spoke with our granddaughter by phone. She was settled on the couch with ice on her foot, elevated, and had taken some Ibuprofen.

By morning the foot was no better so I called Kaiser and obtained information on what she should do. Our granddaughter made the call, set an appointment and found a friend to give her a ride. Turns out the foot had a broken bone. She will see the foot specialist tomorrow and we will find out if the foot will be cast or have a boot.

We are leaving 1 week from today so we are hoping that we can have a wheelchair in Italy in order for our granddaughter to keep up with the group. Also I’ll call United to find out how to get from one terminal to the other.

I told her that she will now get to sit while traipsing around Rome while eating gelato and chocolates, while I push the wheelchair working off my gelato and chocolates. Something is wrong with this picture!



What a week and it isn’t even ½ over.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0288s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb