A Route Thru Europe


Advertisement
Published: June 11th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Reviewing the MapsReviewing the MapsReviewing the Maps

Figuring out where we will go, distances and drive time.
Well we do love our maps, although I tease Dale about being in love with his maps.

We have now obtained maps for driving throughout Europe, free with our AAA Plus. I do find that it is easier to see the big picture before narrowing it down to the details. We find the places we want to go to then Google map them for mileage. Google maps will show the distance in miles or km and I find it easier to plan using miles.

So after Google mapping the places we want to go and finding the miles we really had planned to drive, we found that several days would mostly be spent driving. Lots of driving is not a good plan for a vacation, especially with a teenager along.

We took another look at the maps and loped off the northern most parts of Sweden and Finland. This would save a few hours but not a significant amount. I think we will wait until we actually start that portion and then decide the route.

For now it looks like we will drive from the Munich area to Hamburg then up thru Denmark to Bergen to see the Grieg House. From Bergen we will go to Oslo then into Sweden. At that point we do not have a set plan.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.51s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 12; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1662s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb