Day 62 - 63 08/23 - 08/24/2010


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arkansas » Hot Springs
August 27th 2010
Published: March 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Monday morning in Perryville, Shelby made some delicious omelets for our breakfast. Barbara and I wanted to ride and explore the area, and Leta and Shelby just wanted to hang out at camp.
Perryville is located about 50 miles north of Hot Springs with Quachita National Forest and many small side roads and lakes between here and there. Our first adventure was to Sylvia Lake. Started out on a gravel road with center and side lines to a gravel road with no lines to a dirt-rock road to a one lane dirt-rock road with small pull offs on the improbable chance of meeting some other idiot on this road. Later found that we crossed Wildcat Mountain by one of the locals. After crossing the mountain we continued to Hot Springs (home of Bill Clinton). The town is covered in bath houses that sprang up when people learned of the medicinal properties of the spring waters. Also the Hot Springs National Park is in the middle of town.
On the way back to campground we visited Quachita National Park and Marina located of Quachita Lake. We also made a few wrong turns on the way back to Coffee Creek. Called driving by the seat of your pants and not having the GPS with you.
When we did get back we found out Shelby's RV was having AC problems ( note it is Shelby's RV when there is a problem, but it is Leta and Shelby's RV when there are no problems). No, just kidding Leta. Shelby was still up to cooking some of the Alaskan haloibut that he caught, along with french fries, and hush puppies.
Early Tuesday Leta and Shelby left for Nashville Camping World hopefully to get their AC repaired. We were planning on staying in Nashville and going to the Opry anyway, but they decided to go a day early. We stayed behind to do laundry, work on travel blog and to get tires rotated on tow vehicle. While in Morrilton we decided to eat out and choose Ortega's Mexican Restaurant, which was an excellent choice.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

PICT0004PICT0004
PICT0004

You know you are in the country, when the Camp Host has a fishing boat in his front yard, and a couple of 4 wheelers, and outdoor gas burnes for cooking outside.
PICT0010PICT0010
PICT0010

hard to see but Barbara says there is a deer in the woods. O K?
PICT0012PICT0012
PICT0012

Barbara was right. There is is.
PICT0002 0001PICT0002 0001
PICT0002 0001

Full moon over the lake.
PICT0027PICT0027
PICT0027

Looking down on Hot Springs.


Tot: 0.217s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 16; qc: 52; dbt: 0.11s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb