Arizona - The Grand Canyon State


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Tusayan
September 30th 2013
Published: September 30th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Our journey from Las Vegas to the Grand Hotel in Tusayan, included a tourist stop at Hoover Dam and a late lunch in Kingman. Although one of our longer road trips (driving time of around 4 and a half hours), the changing landscape enthralled us and the time passed quickly. It was late afternoon by the time we checked into the hotel (very nice indeed complete with its rustic cabin feel lobby, large stone fireplace and wood carvings) and we had a relaxing evening of pizza and TV.

Our day at the Grand Canyon can only be described as truly awesome. We had been looking forward to our visit to this natural wonder and the experience itself certainly did not disappoint. It really is difficult to find the words (yes, even for me!) to describe the Canyon, its sheer size and intricate detail simply enthralling. We had a perfect day for our visit; sunny with blue skies, white fluffy clouds and a slight breeze later in the afternoon. We walked along part of the Rim trail (we are visiting the South Rim of the Canyon) and got some great photos (despite my ever present fear of heights!) The Canyon is truly an amazing spectacle and we are so glad we had the opportunity to visit. Our day ended with a wonderful meal in the hotel at The Canyon Star Restaurant before a couple of loads of laundry and suitcase packing, in preparation for our next hotel hop.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0566s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb