Lake Powell


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona » Lake Powell
October 19th 2007
Published: August 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Grand Canyon - Lake Powell

19/10/2007

Lake PowellLake PowellLake Powell

An awesome lookout point we stopped at
We woke as normal and packed the trailer ready for our relatively short trip to a place called Lake Powell. We first stopped at a small Navajo market which was located just off the side of the road but in the middle of nowhere. We looked through the small stores full of hand made weapons and jewelry. I ended up buying a wristband made from dried seeds, I also was looking for something to send home but most of it was quite delicate so I didn’t bother. We got back into the van and continued on. Our next stop was another lookout point which overlooked a windy canyon with a windy river at the bottom, it was another awesome view. We took some photos then headed back to the van and on our way. We soon reached Lake Powell and went to have a look because this was actually the only chance we would get, even though we were here for two nights. We took some photos of this massive lake which is created by a dam in the Colorado River.

Next we headed to Wal-Mart and went food shopping for the next few days. Afterwards we went to a
Lake PowellLake PowellLake Powell

Awesome river running through the canyon at the lookout point
thrift store because the other trek group wanted to organize an 80’s party so we thought we may as well dress up as well. We spent quite some time trying on all the terrible clothes they had but eventually we all found something and headed to our campsite. Once again Jon had gotten in first and reserved a 14 bed bunkhouse for our group so as soon as we arrived we choose our beds and completely unloaded the trailer for a good clean out. We hung around the campground for the rest of the afternoon not doing much at all. We made dinner in the early evening then as we finished up everyone started getting ready for the 80’s party in the barn. Some people had gone to a lot of effort to try and recreate the 80’s but really we were all shockingly dressed and we all thought it was hilarious.

We took some photos and met in the barn to party to any sort of 80’s music we had on our iPod’s. There was a pool table in the barn which was great since most of the night we played pool while drinking like mad. Most of
Lake PowellLake PowellLake Powell

Navajo Markets on the side of the road
the girls were off dancing to the terrible music being played. We were in that barn till the early hours in the morning but slowly we headed back to the bunk house across the field and went to sleep. We did feel bad for the other group setting up their tents in the freezing cold and so a few of them slept in the warm bunk house with us.

Day 56:
Grand Canyon - Lake Powell
175 MILES TRAVELLED // 10940 TOTAL
Easton's Ranch


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Lake PowellLake Powell
Lake Powell

Our quick stop-off at Lake Powell
Lake PowellLake Powell
Lake Powell

The bunk house and all our stuff everywhere
Lake PowellLake Powell
Lake Powell

80's party in the barn


Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 18; qc: 79; dbt: 0.0698s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb