Off to Alaska


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska
August 21st 2007
Published: September 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

LaGuardiaLaGuardiaLaGuardia

Waiting for the plane
A long day of travel that started from our friend Arona’s house in Greenwich, CT. She spoiled us with French toast and got us to the airport safe and sound. After we lugged our 7 checked bags and 6 carry-ons to the check-in, we made it through security and waited for our flight. A quick flight to Cincinatti went well. Then we had 2.5 hours to kill for our layover. We found the kids play area and encouraged the kids to wear themselves out before the next leg. We met a nice homeschooling family from Kentucky that had a layover as well. The next leg of the flight was grueling… the girls did great on our 7 hour flight to Anchorage. It was cloud cover the entire way. As we got to hour 6.5 or so, we saw a mountain towering through the clouds and then more of them. They were incredible mountains that came through the clouds and just kept going. We had a few moments of partly cloudy skies where we saw some beautiful glacial valleys. The captain came on a little later to let us know that we were near Whitehorse, British Columbia. Jacqui fell asleep somewhere in there, but Gabbi was still going strong, playing with a little girl she connected with on the plane.

Once we got to the Anchorage airport, we waited about an hour for our luggage, caught the shuttle bus to the rental agency, got the car and contemplated how on earth we were going to fit all of this stuff into our Ford Focus…. We did it!! A short ride later we unpacked the car and crashed (2 a.m. Eastern Time for anyone that is counting).



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.187s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0876s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb