Getting Started in Anchorage


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Anchorage
August 23rd 2007
Published: September 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Suffice it to say that it was rainy, Anchorage is not a beautiful city, our bodies are still on east coast time, and I’m settling into a work schedule. Danielle and the girls went to the grocery store today and had some major sticker shock with prices. Everything was anywhere between 40-100% more money. We had a mother moose and her 2 calves visit us on Wednesday evening outside our “apartment”. Another highlight is that we were able to hook up our voice over internet phone and can receive calls as if we were sitting at home (although with the time difference we have had to stop ourselves from calling friends and family at 1 a.m., thinking oh it’s only 9 o’clock). The girls got an Anchorage library card to be able to take advantage of the library system while we’re here. They were under the assumption that it would cost $10, but when they got there, they found out that for that price, you could only take out 3 books at a time. Try telling my kids that who are used to taking out between 20-50 books at a time…so we splurged for the $35 card. Worth it I think.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb