June 17th 2008


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Homer
July 19th 2008
Published: July 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday June 17th 2008

Beautiful sunny day in Homer, warmest yet as we pack up.

Set out for Seward, stopped at Cooper Landing, Gwins Lodge for lunch at noon a log roadhouse, located at the Kenai and Russian rivers confluence. They fish for sockeye (red) salmon, getting to the other side of the river by barge. Huge rivers.

On to Seward a beautiful town flanked by rugged mountains on Resurection Bay On July 4th people run up Mt Marathon and kind of skid down on the shale - mad.

Went to the Exit Glacier in the Kenai Fjords National Park. John, Mike and I walked the Overlook Loop Trail, seeing bear and moose droppings on the path all along the way. You get quite close to the glacier and it was very surreal, returned back to the car though the cottonwood forest.

Drove back to Anchorage, just soaking up the sites, mountains, rivers and trees.

Had dinner at the 'Bears Paw' with Lisa and Tayla - said our sad goodbyes, but looking forward to seeing them in NZ 2009. John and Tayla drove us to the airport.

oodbye to Alaska - we were both sad to leave as we have had such a great and exciting time and the people we met have been so friendly.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0701s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb