Monday 16th June 2008


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Alaska » Homer
July 19th 2008
Published: July 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Monday 16th June 2008

Did the washing at the laundry mart - had the most interesting conversation with a man who was a'tad odd' told us 'a robin wont feed 5 people' you learn something ever day! Sure passed the time while waiting on the washing chatting to him. Had a pet ferret and was covered in scratches. Walked to the P.O. and posted mermaid home. met John at the bank and went to the spit. Mike and John moved Mermite while I did a bit of shopping.

Went to the Homer Brewing Company for lunch. tried a couple of beers and decided Scottish Red Knot was for us. sat outside and had a 'brat' (hotdog, which was yummy) with our beer.

headed for the Grass Hole. A few caught, but not by us. eagles flying low over us, was spectacular. Used the last of our salmon eggs.

John had an extra key cut for Mermite, got nibbles and headed to the Smoke Wagon for beers with Todd, for the last time.

Spoke to melissa about skiing and guiding, she was off to fish the Anchor River. Mike and John went and got a couple of 'growlers' (riggers) from teh Homer Brewing Co, pizza for dinner.

Said our goodbyes to Todd, left at 10pm, even an eagle came and saton the pole outside. Goodbye to the Spit.

We have had the most wonderful nights having beers with Todd. he has a quick and keen sense of humour (from NY state) and has been a friend of the Hansons for years. he and John bounce off each other, they are so funny. We have had such a great time in Homer, its hard to leave.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb