Journey to the Entrance of the Underworld


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Yucatán » Ek Balam
April 19th 2011
Published: April 19th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Just the Beginning


This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Ascension 81 secs
2: Mauricio Explains the Cardinal Construction 19 secs
3: A Hannah on a Wallway 57 secs
The EntranceThe EntranceThe Entrance

of the three-walled city, Ek Balam (Black Jaguar)
Some pointers for Washingtinians traveling to Mexico:

1. El Sol is bright down here... plan accordingly or you will be burned whilst simultaneously attracted as a moth to a flame...

2. Pedestrians DO NOT have the right-away... you WILL get hit by a car if you expect it to stop or slow down on account of you crossing the street...

3. DO NOT put toilet paper inside of the toilet... this sounds disconcerting because it is... there will always be a trash can close to the bano for the purposes of toilet paper disposal...

4. ALWAYS have incense and candles readily available for the mysteriously rank smells that drift up from the sinks in your departamento (apartment).

5. Ever heard of water pressure? Mexico has NOT.

6. Butter melts in .29 seconds within removal of the fridge.

Hannable has been met by the Universe... unfurling Her adventurous, synchronicity laden, arms We have been in Her embrace since we left Washington... the pendulum of existence swings from positive to negative so We have seen our share of setbacks as well... though no single obstacle un-overcome-able... We have made three main friends and helpers upon our journey... Shout out to Romy Gutman (Facebook)... Romy is part owner of the only organic restaurant in Cancun, Mexico... of course, the restaurant closest to our weekend hotel... She even came to visit us and show us a night on the Playa Del Carmen town, being as this is where she resided for several years... next is our Profesor de Espanol, Eduardo Garcia (Facebook)... he is quite the caricature of an over enunciating, fun-loving Spanish teacher that gets piss drunk with you when you have to buy him cervesa (beer) for beating you every time at the Spanish memory card game ... lastly is Our guide into Mayaland, Mauricio, who defended Noble when Noble was verbally attacked for climbing into an "off limits" area within the main temple at Ek Balam (which just so happened to be a tiny crevasse inside of a wall) ...

These four said entities are dutifully acknowledged!!!

Entering Ek Balam was like a dream. Nature looms around you...whispering...watching. Everything is balanced within her walls. Energy flows and circulates. Seeing the ruins first hand, it became clear that each construct was created through the hands of hard labor and the eyes of the wise. While climbing to the top of the largest structure at Ek Balam, we experienced a strange encounter. While looking at the still perfectly intact, beautiful stelae, a man from Germany who had been traveling with us declared that the rock carving looked "Hindu". Not only were there certain stelae that had a definite "Indian flair," but in a small corner we found a painting that looked as though the Egyptians themselves had inscribed their own signature. Various other connections were found through the recordings we captured of Mauricio discussing the Mayans which will be expanded upon within our documentary film.

It's another warm night in Playa De Carmen where we have comfortably snuggled into our one room departamento.
Tomorrow we meet with Mauricio to gain his wealth of knowledge concerning the Mayans.
Much love to everyone back home! More videos coming soon-- they take 3 light years to upload!

Here are the links to our movies on Youtube:


&feature=related
&feature=related



Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Hannah y MauricioHannah y Mauricio
Hannah y Mauricio

inside the sweat lodge in the ball court
The GuideThe Guide
The Guide

te llamo Mauricio
Egyptian ArtEgyptian Art
Egyptian Art

not that big of a deal except this is @ Ek Balam, Mexico.
Indian StelaeIndian Stelae
Indian Stelae

also not that big of deal except this is just 10 feet to the left of the "Egyptian Art"
AscensionAscension
Ascension

Free running up the observatory at Ek Balam
La Ria MayaLa Ria Maya
La Ria Maya

happy in the spray shine
AtopAtop
Atop

the largest trapezoid at Ek Balam
Sulfer Mud MaskSulfer Mud Mask
Sulfer Mud Mask

en La Ria Maya
Actually...Actually...
Actually...

this is just Hannah flailing at a club in Cancun named "Mandala"
She's RedShe's Red
She's Red

same club in Cancun


Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb