Last time on the beach...


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Isla Mujeres
June 16th 2007
Published: June 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

From Tulum we took a bus to Cancun and yes the hotel zone looks as built up as we imagined! As Cancun does not really interest us we headed straight to the ferry to get to Isla Mujeres. Although Isla Mujeres is very close to Cancun and rather developed, it is still really nice and small. There are no high rise hotels and the beaches are all still public. There are quite a lot of umbrealls and sun chairs to rent and the beaches are not as empty as some otheres, but still far from Rimini or the Costa Brava. There is a nice stretch without any chairs and some palms to give shade.

During the day, the big boats full of day trippers from Cancun arrive for a bit of shopping and snorkelling and then they leave again. The colours of the water is really amazing here and we enjoy being in a setting that has a real holiday feeling to it. There is a street full of restaurants and little bars, where you can eat something else than the usual beans! Suprisingly, it is also a lot cheaper here than in 'backpacker' Tulum and for the first time in 6 month we have hot water. It is actually really nice to have a hot shower again and this is something to look forward to in England!

We did one of these snorkelling tours and it was not bad. On the first stop it was a bit too crowded as there were a lot of other tours. Are we yeallow snorkels or the blue ones and how does our boat look? The other strange thing is that you have to snorkel with a life vest around your waist to stop you from diving down and damaging the reef...All the pictures are from the trip as we did not take any pictures if Isla Mujeres.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



22nd June 2007

hi
dear em and frankie, how are you? still enjoying beach life? best wishes from salzburg and have a safe trip back to london, isi

Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.1012s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb