Another Day(s) in Paradise


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Isla Holbox
February 17th 2011
Published: February 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We are loving the easy life here....I get up around 7:30, meditate on the beach, go for a short run before it gets too hot, have coffee and some kind of sweet from the bakery, swim, shower, eat breakfast...and then all that's left is reading and stroling.

We've taken some long walks up to the channel that separates this part of the penninsula from the rest and makes it an island. The last buildings on the beach are only a mile or so from our hotel. We may rent bikes today and explore more.

Hard to believe it may snow back home today....

Many French and Italians here..not as many Americans...Lots of choices for good food, ranging from Italian pizza (owned by an Italian) to sushi (haven't been there), and plenty of fresh fish.

While there are high end hotels, most of the island is low key...it got overbuilt in the past few years, so there are many hotels empty and for sale....Life is split between the former fishing village and a resort....Bill asked to use the bathroom at a small seafront diner, and was shown a screened off patch of sand!

But there are also yoga classes offered, and expensive shops....


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

View from new hotel, the IguanaView from new hotel, the Iguana
View from new hotel, the Iguana

Same view, half the price!
At the channelAt the channel
At the channel

Home of crocodiles! But we didn't see any...too early in the day.


17th February 2011

How lovely!
What a beautiful place! ... as I sit here and deal with Roto Rooter issues... I wish I was where you are ! Thanks for posting!
18th February 2011

Quite hard to tolerate at freezing temperature.Don't come home. HY nH utah
22nd February 2011

End of the journey
Hi Lynn, i never seemed to have time to read your blogs at work, so sent them all home today and just finished them all. I did not have my atlas as I read them, so will do it all again when it is beside me. Enjoyed them so much, thanks. it will be good to have you home.

Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0333s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb