Its a tough life


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Cancun
September 15th 2011
Published: September 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Back to the land of taco's and tequila, to meet Nadia all the way from Kiwi land.
Landed in Cancun, and instantly felt the heat. My jeans came off and the swimwear went on..... There isn't much to say for a few days as it was spent swimming & basking in the hot sun (jealous much?).
One day we saw the conservation guys digging up the turtles nests, so went and had a look. He was taking out all the hatched turtles to be released that night. So me being me, i just had to touch one. In the evening out for a walk we came across the guys releasing them out to sea, so we got in there and let some go too, was pretty exciting.
On wed we felt it was time to do some touristy things, so headed out on bus a few hours south of Cancun to Tulum, to see some ruins. After walking around the ruins, the track took us to the cliff face. Can't tell if i was more amazed at the ruins that are older then our country, or the views they get from some of the temples.
I would think the Mayan people would have felt pretty smug waking up to that view everyday.
Today is Mexican independence day, so we will get in on the celebrations.... after we go snorkling of course.


Additional photos below
Photos: 38, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

El Rey ruinsEl Rey ruins
El Rey ruins

5 min walk from where we are staying
Turtle nestsTurtle nests
Turtle nests

All the nests are protected


Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.054s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb