Cancun and Cozumel


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Quintana Roo » Cancun
June 25th 2007
Published: June 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Cancun - Isla MujeresCancun - Isla MujeresCancun - Isla Mujeres

not bad, not bad at all!
The flight from LA was pretty cool,plenty of leg space. got myself tucked up in our little hotel then waited for Clo to arrive the next day.

Had bought some Tequila and Tequila Mixer the grand total of four quid for Margaritas to welcome her with.

Stayed in Downtown Cancun, but it was only a short hop to get the ferry to the Isla Mujeres where we had an excellent day, sunbathing , swimming and quaffing cocktails.

Even had a nice bit of very fresh fish for lunch! the only down side on the food for Clo was that everything had Chilli in it, even the stuff that shouldnt have had (and breakfast!!)

only had a couple of days in cancun then headed to Cozumel via Playa Del Carmen.
The mexican coaches were the best i've ever been on and so cheap!

they have got them selves well organised for moving tourists about yet most people speak hardly any english which i found strange for such a touristy place.

We loved the supermarket in cozumel and found some good places to eat and drink.

no beach as such in Cozumel but its a
Cancun - Isla Mujeres,Clo relaxingCancun - Isla Mujeres,Clo relaxingCancun - Isla Mujeres,Clo relaxing

we have a lovely little spot to ourselves with soft white sand and beautiful blue sea plus coconut milk,(an aquired taste)!
mecca for divers, though the snorkelling was a little disappointing.

the place we stayed in Cozumel was fantastic though and Pedro and his son were fantastic.
would like to have had more time to spend in Cancun, playa and have visited Tulum.

maybe one day.

had a bit of a snorkel but probably didnt see anything like what we could have. Though we saw a turtle, a stingray and a puffa fish (aka Martin Scorcesse)
i'd kinda seen coral and reef everywhere in the pacific and knew there's better there than we saw.

had a lovely meal at panchos backyard in Cozumel and we finally drank the sparkly that i had been carrying since Aus, lovely it was too!

Have to say it was nice to see Clo after so long , though her case was the last one off and i thought i'd missed her!

All in all a great mini hol!




Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Cancun - Isla Mujeres, Cocktail GirlCancun - Isla Mujeres, Cocktail Girl
Cancun - Isla Mujeres, Cocktail Girl

we had lunch and hung around til 4pm when the daytrippers buggered off and we had the place to ourselves again. plus it was two for one on cocktails ! would have be rude to leave !!
Cancun -  Isla MujeresCancun -  Isla Mujeres
Cancun - Isla Mujeres

Me with a very large Pina Colada! what a fruit!
Cancun - Playa DelfinesCancun - Playa Delfines
Cancun - Playa Delfines

we couldn't believe the colour of the sea, pale milky blue, though the waves kept trying to drown us!
Cancun - Playa DelfinesCancun - Playa Delfines
Cancun - Playa Delfines

the Carribbean, pretty amazing, plus there were microlights going backwards and forwards pulling banners with advertisements! Senor Frog !!! Hola !!
Cozumel Hola !Cozumel Hola !
Cozumel Hola !

Didnt do beach stuff here but its a good place for snorkelling and diving. we saw a ray a turtle and a puffer fish which i a bloke held in his hands, funny little thing!
CozumelCozumel
Cozumel

this fountain kept changing colour and was pretty nice to look at
CozumelCozumel
Cozumel

Ice cream for breakfast, the best part of having an apartment and being self catering! 3 scoops !
CozumelCozumel
Cozumel

Three months of travelling had really started to take its toll on me!
Cozumel - Clo's Arty shotCozumel - Clo's Arty shot
Cozumel - Clo's Arty shot

flowers in the courtyard at Las Anclas would make a nice screensaver.
Cozumel Cozumel
Cozumel

the courtyard at Villa Las Anclas, Samuel Pepys in the background !
Cozumel main squareCozumel main square
Cozumel main square

taken the morning we were leaving. was quite lively at night. nice little place at least when the liners had left!
Cozumel - Panchos backyardCozumel - Panchos backyard
Cozumel - Panchos backyard

was a lovely spot and really well decorated. and i wore a shirt, no vest or singlet, how civilised !
Cozumel - Panchos BackyardCozumel - Panchos Backyard
Cozumel - Panchos Backyard

lovely restaurant and without doubt the best food we had in Mex or Cuba, very nice setting and very reasonable!
cozumel  - Margarita timecozumel  - Margarita time
cozumel - Margarita time

a litre of Tequila and mixer for £4! bargain!
cozumel  - Sparkling Timecozumel  - Sparkling Time
cozumel - Sparkling Time

Wolf Blass Red Label sparkling wine, carried from Aus round NZ and three pacific islands and LA, just for our reunion! it was worth it!
cozumel - Castro !cozumel - Castro !
cozumel - Castro !

and we thought it was sick and in Havana and we find him on his hols!
cozumel - Camp Traveller !cozumel - Camp Traveller !
cozumel - Camp Traveller !

looking a bit camp and laden with bags, Clo had a habit of sneaking pics when i was least expecting it !
cozumel  - Liner timecozumel  - Liner time
cozumel - Liner time

here come the tourists!


Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0238s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb