Peña de Bernal


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Querétaro
June 16th 2006
Published: June 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

La PeñaLa PeñaLa Peña

a view from the bottom
On Wednesday the K-State International Students traveled to the northern part of the state of Queretaro to visit a small pueblo called Bernal. The town´s main attraction is their ¨Peña¨literally meaning ´big rock.´ We had two guides from the school who lead us to the top. It was quite a hike and I was impressed at how fast the guides could go. Quite a few of the students made it to the top as well.

I still haven´t discovered which mountain range these mountains are in (Uncle Travis??), but the view was beautiful! There are more flowers and plant life than I had imagined. The blast of fresh air from the top was the best reward! For our student group picture, we wanted to do the Willie the Wildcat KSU, but were afraid we´d fall off the edge.

After hiking down into the town, we had a chance to shop around and check out another main attraction, their church. There were students from two other schools there as well and we all curiously gathered around a gordita stand. About six of us shared a gordita from a street vendor. I put in one peso to get about two bites.
KSU HikersKSU HikersKSU Hikers

the studs of the bunch
Street venders are something we´ve been warned about, so I guess we reasoned that at least if we got sick, we´d all be sick together.

After taking the picture, we plopped right down in the middle of the walkway and passed the gordita around. I got to know quite a few of my gordita brothers and sisters from our little venture. We bonded by our willingness to try street vendor food.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Gorditas!Gorditas!
Gorditas!

the street stand where we bought our gordita
the first bitethe first bite
the first bite

and here we are with our prized gordita


16th June 2006

Good Times
Good to here from you, and I especially enjoy the photos !!! Maybe people get ill from street vendors because they all share the food ??????? take care, luv dad

Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0804s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb