2 days left to our next Big Adventure


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Nayarit » Rincon de Guayabitos
February 2nd 2008
Published: February 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

The last Breakfast Feb 2The last Breakfast Feb 2The last Breakfast Feb 2

Ed and Anita are leaving paradise
Things are winding down in Mexico. The weather has been hot and sunny everyday for the last 2 weeks. Spectacular!! What a place.

We have been wining and dining around Mexico for 3 weeks now and know that when we get to NZ it ends. It is so cheap to eat here, we have become very spoiled. Chicken quesadillos with salsa and guacamole is about $3.50. 10 minute taxi ride is $2.50. Our accomodation here has been great. If you stay 1 month it works out to be $41.25 per night. Wireless internet is good but Mexican style, off and on.

Ed and Anita and Mike and Marg just got into the taxi for their trip to the airport. M&M were here 3 weeks and E&A were here 2 weeks. Both said it was not long enough.

Heh, big news. Larry and Mike played in the Jaltemba Cup golf tournement and won. There were 80 entrants and they hit it big. I think there might have been some better golfers because lots of these old guys golf everyday at "The field of Dreams" but they drink like fishes. Larry said some of the real golfers were swaying around so much by the end that they just fell apart. There was 4 to a Team and they were entered by the LaPenita RV and Spa. Bob and Chuck from the RV park were on their team and then Mike and Larry. Somehow they got split up into 2 Teams and golfed and then after Saturday and Sunday added up thier points and were low guys. Check out the pix. Because this Team was put together at the last minute, their golf shirts provided by the park actually say 08 Champions. It was a very exciting day for Larry and Mike. They went up to the RV park and paraded around with the trophy.

We have had a couple more great taxi trips down the road a ways to a new beach, a new restaurant and new margueritas. Sharie's first Strawberry marguerita. Can't you see the extasy!! Doesn't get any better then this.

We are attending a King Party tonight. That might be what its called. The story is that on Jan 2 there is a big Mexican party and cake is served. In this cake is little King dolls and if you are lucky enough to get a doll in your piece of cake then on Feb 2nd you must throw a party. 5 people here got dolls so we are all invited to a party by the pool. Larry is whipping up his world famous Pineapple and mango salsa. You have not tasted pineapples or mangos unless they are bought right here in Guayabitos. The juice runs down your arm. Then in the town square there is a Symphony tonight. Not sure what that might be like. This town is pretty quiet during the week and then on the weekends it fills up with Mexicans coming to a beach town for sun and fun. Tons of families all enjoying the beach, the kids, the food and toys.

This will be my last entry until we are in Auckland. We leave here on Monday, fly to LAX, stay overnight then the next night fly to Sydney. We arrive in Sydney Feb 7th at 9AM. We will be exhausted so have 2 nights there to recover from the flight and then meet up with Ross and Bonnie on Feb 9th.




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Where we were sitting for the strawberry MargueritasWhere we were sitting for the strawberry Margueritas
Where we were sitting for the strawberry Margueritas

This is a little town called San Francisco (SanPancho)
08 champions08 champions
08 champions

The winners of the Jaltemba Cup 2008


Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0647s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb