Guadalajara Day 2 2008


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Guadalajara
November 15th 2008
Published: February 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Market StoreMarket StoreMarket Store

I like the colors and art on the outside of this building.
Day 2

We started our day with an excellent home cooked breakfast: eggs and tortillas and bacon. Yum!

Then we headed out to the mercados for some shopping and sightseeing. I love looking at Mexican craft markets. They have so many colorful things to look at. Plus ever church around the corner seems to be perfectly placed to look as good as it possibly can. I love small town churches in Mexico. They seem very inviting.

After a while my parents and I abandoned our group and headed over to the plaza nearby. We sat around the gazebo and watched as the locals just gossiped, recalled old times, or ate from the many vendors.

My favorites were the gorditas. It’s hard to describe. It’s not like Taco Bell gorditas. Those are crap. Gorditas are like corn hamburgers, or thick mealy tostadas. Or corn bread sandwiches. They are just good.

We spent the rest of the day strolling around the markets. We bought a few more souvenirs to take home with us before we went back to my aunt’s place in town.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

YumYum
Yum

Street vendor making tortas for everyone.
GazeeboGazeebo
Gazeebo

My aunt says its not a plaza unless it has a gazeebo.
Dia De Los MuertosDia De Los Muertos
Dia De Los Muertos

Plenty of skulls for everyone.


Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1022.3kb