Day 7 Villa Corona, trailer park Chimulco and the hotsprings


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Jalisco » Guadalajara
December 8th 2006
Published: December 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Map 7Map 7Map 7

Villa Corona (Chimulco trailer park) on the West and Lake Chapala to the East.
Day 7 Villa Corona, trailer park Chimulco and the hotsprings
Highlights: hotsprings; Lake Chapala; molcajetes

We woke up to a cool but beautiful morning and the tradition is, before breakfast you head to the hotsprings, so we went, no need to convince us. I was a little worried about the temperature as l like my waters to be bathtub temperature especially when the outdoor temp is still very chilly but after I poked my toes into the water to let Carlo know it was actually really really warm, we were in the pool within a sec. The hotsprings are part of a big water park but instead of just tab water in all the pools, waterslides, tube rivers, etc the park uses the underground hotsprings for the water, how fantastic is that. Plus the hotsprings are to be good for your health, even better.

As we were only staying here for 2nights, we decided after the hotsprings and breakfast to head to Lake Chapala. Lake Chapala and the town of Chapala is a kind of a retirement district along the lake. Because the temperature is steady year round and the scenery is beautiful many English speaking folks from America
Hotsprings 2Hotsprings 2Hotsprings 2

There are five big pools, waterslides, childrens water park, and a tube river.
and elsewhere buy houses on the lake or up on the hills overlooking the lake. The sad part is the lake is not suitable for swimming it is way to polluted due to I believe the big city of Guadalajara just north of the lake. In the old days Chapala was the resort town for the wealthy who lived and worked in Guadalajara, so you still see many beautiful colonial houses in Chapala. (of course my camera battery died just before we got to the town 😞. We had Molcajetes for lunch, a local dish which consists of a lava pot hot out of the oven with cheese, shrimp, chicken and certain veggies, yummy. Fresh tortillas to put the food in and a couple rounds of margaritas and we were pretty satisfied.

After lunch we walked along the lake and around the town a bit when it started to drizzle a little. The bit of rain was wonderful, but cold, boy did it get cold all of the sudden.

It rained on the way back. It rained all night long, we just hoped the truck would be able to pull the 5wheeler out of the grassy soft ground
Hotsprings 3Hotsprings 3Hotsprings 3

very warm, very steamy, very beautiful setting.
tomorrow morning.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0274s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb