A Night of Crashing Surf; a Day of Tropical Relaxation


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Guerrero » Acapulco
January 28th 2010
Published: January 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

wavewavewave

Some are almost 6 feet high....The beach is very clean..and there are very few people..lots of local joggers in the morning and evening, though.
We tried to fall asleep last night with crashing surf just yards away... the waves were about three seconds apart, and sounded like a freight train....and continued to shake our third story room....But one can get used to almost anything, and now they are just a soothing background sound! Last night, we could hear couples on the beach, music from a bar, and dogs barking, but only in 3 second bursts between the waves! Everything but the surf quieted down by 11:00pm or so...and we slept well....

I got up and jogged a few miles on the beach around 8:30 this morning..and now have blisters on two toes from running barefoot on the sand! I had to turn around when a soldier came out and told me I was on the Navy base...!

We ate here and then explored the main road that goes between the ocean and lagoon, and later walked into the main part of town (along the highway that goes to Acapulco) for cash.

We played in the surf and swam in the pool here this afternoon.

We arranged for a boat trip around the lagoon tomorrow....


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

lagoonlagoon
lagoon

Filled with fresh water from a river....
hammock viewhammock view
hammock view

Besides our hammock, there are others on the beach and around the pool.
More hammock timeMore hammock time
More hammock time

+ free wifi!


28th January 2010

You're missing nothing in La Conner!
Gray and cold here. Well, sundhine yesterday. Thanks for another vicarious adventure.
29th January 2010

Wow!
Oh! My! Parece un paraĆ­so! The weather here tonight is in the single digits. I'm too jealous to comment more.....

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0618s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb