The Lagoon Tour


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Guerrero » Acapulco
January 30th 2010
Published: January 31st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Well, this is close to my idea of paradise: a long beach of soft sand where I can run a few miles barefoot, and afterwards play in the warm surf until I’m cooled off. Then have coffee on our balcony, followed by breakfast in small modern café with a beautiful garden on the lagoon. And spend the afternoon in a hammock reading about the ancient and modern Maya peoples, with the waves in the background and a gentle breeze moving through the coconut palms next to me.

Our boat tour of the lagoon was fun: It cost about $5.00 each and lasted five hours. We did spend 2.5 of those hours captive on a small beach with a restaurant….We saw many birds and beautiful mangroves areas. There were about 15 of us on the boat and we were joined by the passengers of two more boats during our stop over. We were the only non-Mexicans. One family had a very cute little nine month old named Allison. This is a three weekend, so many families have come here for a mini vacation…The paper said 97,000 Mexican tourists were expected in the area. The beach is still uncrowded, though and most restaurants were nearly empty last night.

We spent time in the surf when we got back from the lagoon trip. I swam in the lagoon, but the water was a bit murky, and I really prefer salt water. While you can’t swim or body surf here, you can paddle around when the waves let up for a minute. By afternoon, there are many pelicans flying south, in lines or V formations, and they seem to coordinate their wing flapping: one in front flaps and and then the next, on down the line.

After we got out of the water, we were serenaded by a quartet of 6-7 year olds...we didn't have any money us with and I'm not positive they wanted some...I told them I was a teacher and that seemed to impress them.

It is now Saturday night and there is live music just up the beach from us...seems to be wedding reception. We're heading out to dinner.

We have decided to stay here another five nights and only go to Acapulco for our last four nights. The hotel is really beautiful, and spotless...run and owned by an American couple who have been here for
Looking back towards AcapulcoLooking back towards AcapulcoLooking back towards Acapulco

The mountains are behind Acapulco.
about nine years. They may sell soon....it is lot of work....



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

our stop over on an islandour stop over on an island
our stop over on an island

We were here a bit too long.....
Bill being sillyBill being silly
Bill being silly

We had been on the island for a few hours now.....
lagoon-side estatelagoon-side estate
lagoon-side estate

There were many really beautiful homes along the lagoon.


1st February 2010

where in the world is Lynn now?
Ilove it whenIsee the ne travel blog email pop up in my inbox- I like try and guess where you are. I'm never even close. Jen

Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0576s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb