Tijuana


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Baja California » Tijuana
July 24th 2009
Published: July 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

24/07/09 Friday Day 344
We drove to the boarder (only took about 30 minutes from San Diego) where you can park your car and then cross the boarder by foot. They recommend you don’t take a rental car over the boarder as US insurance doesn’t work over there so you could be in a spot of bother if someone whacks into you! Going through by foot was a breeze. No one stops or asks you anything. There’s no passport or security check. Also looking at the cars going through it seems like that’s also quick. We even went to the tourist office just across the boarder if we needed to show our passport to anyone or if we missed that step. Nope your man said! We got a taxi just across the boarder to the centre of the city. Tijuana reminded us of Asia again. There were mules on the side of the streets with their owners beside them asking if you wanted to take a photo with them. There were guys outside bars and restaurants asking you to come in. It was still before 11am. And when you went past they said they’ll see you on the way back! The street we were on, Revolution Avenue, was very touristy with loads of souvenir shops too. Once we had enough of that street seen we walked across the city a bit to another one of the main traffic roads. This was a little more normal however about every 30 seconds a taxi would pass you beeping at you to see if you wanted to use their service.
Again once we had enough of this seen, we decided to head back to the US. We got a taxi which was already full of people. He dropped them into a part of the city, then started talking to us in his own language, presumably asking us where we wanted to go. We told him the boarder and he started pointing so we said yes. Anywho he stopped beside a bunch of cops arresting some guy and asked him to ask us where we wanted to go.
Getting through to the US was mental. The amount of traffic going through was crazy. I reckon they’ll be there for hours. There must have been about 10 lanes of traffic. There was also a lot of people going through on foot. Eventually we reached the end of the line and the immigration guy just looked at our passports and waved us through. Once we got our car we drove back to San Diego.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0646s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb