San Diego


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » San Diego
July 23rd 2009
Published: July 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

23/07/09 Thursday Day 343
Bit of a drive today to San Diego, some 220 miles in total with nearly all of it on a motorway. Thank god the car has cruise control. So handy! Also the amount of weaving by drivers on the motorway is nuts. There’s no rules at all by the looks of it! There was an awful amount of traffic going through Los Angeles but once we got past that it was full speed again to San Diego. We’re staying in Mission Beach which is on the north side of San Diego. We checked out a few motels and hotels near the beach. Most of them except the Mission Bay Motel had huge rates. After checking in we hit the beach again. Again being beside the beach, there’s loads of shops and restaurants and bars. Tomorrow we cross the border into Mexico to visit Tijuana.

24/07/09 Friday Day 344
We were glad to be back in the US after our short little trip to Tijuana. We drove into downtown San Diego to have a look at the city. The city centre is lovely. There was also a convention on there called Comic Con so there were loads of people walking around dressed up as their favourite comic book hero. We also came across quite a few Irish bars in our walk around. There’s an area called the gas lamp district which is right in the centre of the city. This area is where all the bars and restaurants are. 5th avenue is where all of this stuff is. Once downtown was covered by us we headed back to Mission Bay.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb