Day 27 - Halifax and Such


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada
August 27th 2011
Published: August 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We slept in a little before our tourist activities of the day. Then we drove over to our neighbors at Tim Horton’s and McDonald’s for breakfast. After that we drove down to Cole Harbour - Sidney Crosby’s hometown - to check it out. We saw his junior high and elementary school and stopped at the Tim Horton’s he played Timbits out of to use the toilets. When we were leaving I saw a man wearing a team Canada player’s hat and told Dad about him. Dad joked about him possibly being Crosby’s Dad, but he was wearing a Montreal jersey so I didn’t think it was possible. Then we continued our drive to Halifax. In Halifax we went to the pier and explored what there was there. We watched some kids breakdance in the streets and then went and looked at some boats. After looking around we walked up the huge incline to Citadel Hill, the fort built to protect the city. We followed a tour, and then went and then explored a haunted jail and some more room places. We also listen to a young girl play a beautiful song on the bagpipes before we left.Our next stop was at the Nova Scotia Sports hall which featured Sidney Crosby. While we were up there we saw some interesting things. The showcases were very nice, telling you about Sidney’s childhood including some Montreal socks, and his Canadiens bottle.We also saw a picture of his Dad, that looked exactly like the man we saw at Tim Hortons... leading us to the conclusion that it was in fact Mr. Crosby himself. We watch a film about the Penguins Stanley Cup run and victory. Next we walked back down for Mom to check out a blown glass factory and watch them blow the crystal into some cool napkin holders. We finally went on a whale watching trip where we saw some blows and a dorsal fin. Dad and I got talking with the tour guide who is just finishing her undergrad in Marine Biology. We exchanged e-mails so that I can learn some about the school which sounds absolutely phenomenal. Then we all went to the stern to feed the seagulls. Dad taught everyone how to hold a piece of bread up so seagull’s would come and eat it out of your hand. One lady tried it and actually got bit, and then her boyfriend tried and threw th piece before he jumped back when a seagull came to try and eat it. Dad sure laughed at that one for a while. After the boat ride we got some fries and sweet potato fries and went back to citadel hill to go on a ghost walk. Afterwards we went and got some timmies before heading back to the trailer.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0391s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb