July 3 - 9 Marc's Week in Montreal


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Montréal » South Shore
July 9th 2011
Published: July 19th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This was our break week. Marc and I spent the week in Montreal at Robert's house hanging out by the pool and exploring the area while Claude and Paul went fishig to Northern Quebec.

It was a sweltering hot week so a great one to spend alot of time by the pool. Marc was at Robert's pool with either me or Frederique every day, as well as getting to go to Etienne's in ground pool with a slide one day.

On Monday Frederique and Etienne took Marc out to Parc Safari for the afternoon while I managed to get a hair cut. He had lots of fun feeding the animals from the car and they also splashed around the wate park area. It is kind of a combination animal park where you can drive through the "savanah" and feed the animals, as well as a water splash park. A good combination on a hot day. It was so much fun that we have decided that on our return to Montreal we will take both boys there.

On Tuesday Marc went with Frederique to watch Etienne do bike tricks at the skateboard park. He thought that was pretty cool.

Wednesday was a very humid and rainy day so I decided to head to the Biodome with Marc. We took the subway as I didn't want to drive into Montreal and he thought the subway was pretty cool. the Biodome is housed in the old velodrome built for the Montreal Olymipcs. When it was no longer in good enough shape for a bike track they converted it to the Biodome. It is a really neat indoor zoo type place where you walk through 4 climates, kind of like the Muttart Conservatory in Edmonton, but as well as having the plants for the climate they also have the animals. The largest area is the tropics. It was very busy and incredibly humid in here. I am not suited to the jungle. But it was neat to see the tropical birds flying around, as well as monkey playing in the trees and huge fish in the water. In the woodlands area there is a beaver dam with beaver as well as bob cats. The arctic area is neat because they have alot of puffins and penguins. The seaside area really smells like you are at the ocean and is complete with seagulls. Pretty amazing that all of it is inside.

It was a good relaxing week for both of us. On Saturday night Claude and Paul returned home. See the next blog for their adventures.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 61; dbt: 0.1194s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb