Paul's week of fishing at Reservoir Gouin


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Mont Laurier
July 10th 2011
Published: July 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Claude and Paul went with Claude’s brother Robert and his neice Caroline fishing for a week to a fishing resort in Northern Quebec. It was a 5 hour drive north of Montreal. At Mont Laurier they leave ashpalt and travel to the town of Parent where they stay overnight. Then it is another hour on a dirt road and then an hour and a half boat ride across Reservoir Gouin to the very nice fishing lodge of Aventurier du Gouin. Claude said it was like a 5 star resort in the middle of the wilderness.

For Paul’s birthday Robert had got him a new fishing rod and tackle so he was excited to try it out. It was Paul’s first fishing trip and I was worried that he might find the week too long but he really enjoyed it. They went out fishing twice a day and Claude said Paul was usually very patient. There was only one day he decided not to go out. Luckily, the people who own the lodge have a young girl the age of Marc so she was a good playmate for Paul. Since she is usually surrounded by adults she loved having him there too.

Paul was excited that he caught over 25 fish during the week. They thought he probably caught the most. They have a bet and trophy going each year for who catches the biggest fish of their group. Caroline won this year. She had the biggest and second biggest fishes. They were catching pickerel (walleye). They are each only allowed to bring 4 home so we will have a little bit of fish to taste but not too much.

It looks like we will have to plan more fishing into Paul's future.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0961s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb