Beginning the voyage home


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Quebec » Portneuf
July 13th 2011
Published: July 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After our week of break in Montreal or fishing, we returned to Saint Raymond for 2 1/2 days of intense packing. We arrived back Sunday afternoon and by Wednesday morning we were back on the road for Montreal. Unfortunately the weather didn’t cooperate with us. It was very very hot and humid the whole time (you were dripping sweat by 9 am) and every few hours it would rain on us so we couldn’t keep boxes out around the trailer for very long at a time.

On Monday night we stopped by our neighbours to say good bye to them. Their boys were close in age to Paul and all 4 boys had played together several times over the year. In typical boy fashion, farewell was a spirited sword fight!

Because we were so fully loaded, it took Claude several load and re-loads of the trailer and van to fit everything in. We also put together a pallet of boxes (and winter tires), as not everything could fit in the trailer. It also had to be a certain size and could only be things that could we could ship by transport truck without worrying about it being damaged. Needless to say it was a struggle but Claude finally managed to stuff everything in. We had origianlly hoped to leave Tuesday night, but at 10:30pm when we were still cleaning house we finally had to conceed that we wouldn’t leave that night and put the boys to bed on deck chair cushions as their beds were packed. We dropped to sleep at 12:30am exhausted but finally done.

Wednesday morning we loaded our suitcases and headed for Montreal. The voyage home had begun. Just 4064 km to go!!! We are excited to be heading home but had a great year in Quebec and will miss many things.

We were all so tired by the time we arrived in Montreal that a relax in the pool and nap in the hammok were much needed.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0333s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb