Day 9 Basin Head & East Tip PEI


Advertisement
Published: August 10th 2011
Edit Blog Post

It is our last day in PEI.  Heather needs to work so we are on our own for the day.  We decided to head up island to see Souris, Red Point and onto Basin Head. On the way we got a text from Alison asking for more money.  Sigh!!! We stopped in Souris to transfer money over at a info stop.  The internet is wonderful I think!!! One of the best things we did was bring a netbook.  It is used everyday for research finding accommodation or checking for things at home.  We had a great time at Basin Head. It was really crowded but what a riot there is a large tidal lake and a narrow channel connecting it with the ocean, also there is a Bridge over the channel  kids were jumping in the channel and off the bridge despite the sign that says no jumping and the guard watching over the channel.  We had a sleep in the sun then headed further up the island to East Point, the most eastern and northern part of the island. The sand was as red as anywhere else and the shore was the same as at North Cape.  On the #6 road the lawns set a new record for the size of cut some of them were up uto 75m to the house.  We saw no hunting signs but have only seen skunks, squirrels and raccoons as road kill.  We were suppose to go to a Ceila but were too tired and stayed and played ping pong with Joe the builder and friend. Dinner was seafood Soup with oyster, mussels, salmon great salads, my favorite, potato!!!!!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb