Prince Edward Island
Background: A land of vast distances and rich natural resources, Canada became a self-governing dominion in 1867 while retaining ties to the British crown. Economically and technologically the nation has developed in parallel with the US, its neighbor to the south across an unfortified border. Canada's paramount political problem is meeting public demands for quality improvements in health care and education services after a decade of budget cuts. The issue of reconciling Quebec's francophone heritage with the majority anglophone Canadian population has moved to the back burner in recent years; support for separatism abated after the Quebec government's referendum on independence failed to pass in October of 1995.
Photos from Prince Edward Island
Blogs from Prince Edward Island
Latest Blogs from Prince Edward Island
- May 5th 2013 Island to Island, Hostel to Hostel
by Words: 546 Photos: 4
- February 12th 2013 Blogging 101, our first blog!
by Words: 106 Photos: 1
- September 17th 2012 PEI: Festivals, Music, Beaches and Wind Turbines
by Words: 581 Photos: 17
- September 10th 2012 PEI
by Words: 527 Photos: 16
- July 29th 2012 Toronto to Prince Edward Island (PEI)
by Words: 1080 Photos: 16
- July 7th 2012 packing
by Words: 50 Photos: 0
- June 14th 2012 PEI Photos
by Words: 9 Photos: 13
- June 13th 2012 TMI for PEI, For Sure…
by Words: 1731 Photos: 0
- May 22nd 2012 Prince Edward Island -vanaf 1 april-
by Words: 1251 Photos: 69
- October 9th 2011 A Lifetime dream fulfilled - Prince Edward Island - September 2011
by Words: 3801 Photos: 74
- September 22nd 2011 The Potato Province
by Words: 814 Photos: 15
- September 22nd 2011 Lobster, oysters and chardonnay
by Words: 316 Photos: 3
- August 7th 2011 Leaving Moncton & the land of potatoes P.E.I!!!
by Words: 705 Photos: 12
- August 7th 2011 Dee of Green Gables!
by Words: 445 Photos: 13
- August 3rd 2011 Day Thirteen
by Words: 279 Photos: 8
- August 2nd 2011 Day Twelve
by Words: 313 Photos: 6
- July 26th 2011 Day 23: A Short Short Day
by Words: 806 Photos: 5
- July 26th 2011 On to the land of the spud!
by Words: 1056 Photos: 26
- July 25th 2011 Day 22: Rest and Tourist Day in PEI
by Words: 922 Photos: 10
- July 25th 2011 Lunch? At 10 pm?
by Words: 1419 Photos: 38