Spa Brain


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario
November 19th 2010
Published: November 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

On Monday, November 18th, we struck out from the Sault heading east to North Bay where my youngest son, Chris, lives with his lovely Lady Meg and their beautiful furry child, Oliver Quartz, or Oli for short. Gail has been complaining that she has "fruit fly brain" and in close spaces, this becomes apparent to the eye and ear.

At one point along the North Shore, we were driving behind a transport truck and beside the road there were new logs laying a equal intervals. Gail was quite concerned that we were in danger as the truck was dropping its load. Well, the next thing we know the posts are standing up right at the side of the road...in actuality, the truck was not losing its load. They were replacing the posts along the side of the road. I could tell Gail was in great need of a spa visit.

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.
~Ben Williams~



Gail left behind Wall-ee the skinny pig, Ringo the rabbit and of course, Richard the hub-ee, so she was quite happy to see Oli and I think we could have saved a few loonies if I had just taken her to Chris and Meg's for a week and let her frolic with Oli. When Chris left the building she invited Oli to join her in bed...

On Tuesday morning, we headed out for the last leg of our road trip to the spa. We thought it was just down the road and around the corner. We drove south for 1-1/2 hours to Huntsville then turned left and headed east. It was a good thing we decided to go in November not January. The road twisted and turned for 2 hours. I am sure it would have taken a week if there was snow on the road. We did find snow in Haliburton...just outside the hockey rink.

Grail Springs is near Bancroft Ontario and really quite lovely. It is really hard work going for treatments everyday. We have both had a hair detox treatment and you can already see the results. You leave the special oil in for as long as you can. I only lasted 24 hours. Gail had a seaweed scrub today and I had a Moor Mud bath...interesting to say the least.

Gail has her "Chakra reading" and the lady says she is well-balanced for the most part. In "spa speak", chakras are the energy centers of the body and they resemble spinning wheels. They allow energy to flow from one part of the body to another. "As with all things in our reality, they are linked to sound, light and color. To heal, is to bring the chakras into alignment and balance then understand the nature of creation and your purpose in it." From

So the food...hmmm...it is more vegan than vegetarian. After the first meal, I thought I was going to be a health food flunkie. Something did not agree with me, at all. I did have a few hours of agony and had to wonder, what the h... am I doing here. But it has gotten better. I think one has to develop a palette for all the beans and raw veggies that are used. They do not use any milk products, the dairy category of foods being one of a group of white foods that are considered toxic for our human bodies. The other no-no white foods for our bodies are sugar, white flour, ordinary table salt and white rice. We did have Alfredo sauce on zucchini noodles for supper. It was made with cashews. Amazingly,
it did taste like Alfredo sauce and was really quite tasty!!

As you can imagine, Gail and I are "different" from most of the young, healthy people who are here. We have not been invited to join the cheer leading squad. But that is OK. We are enjoying just doing our own thing. But just a few minutes ago, I did make a trip to the car to get one of the vegan chocolate bars I had purchased for Meg for her birthday but forgot to give her. So one vegan 72% cocoa chocolate bar split up into 10 pieces for 8 thin ladies and Gail and me. Of course, someone had to figure out how many calories there were in the teeny tiny piece. Such is our lot in life!!

And no Ann, we are not staying in the eco-cabins. They close those up in October.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



19th November 2010

Hi Sue and Gail: Glad you are having a good time. Sounds like fun - maybe.
19th November 2010

Love the oil
You two are just having way to much fun ....Love the oil ...lol ...and your son's dog is just awesome . We are rather alone here now Chuck had to put George down this week so hopefull he is Resting in Peace and in a better spot ..I didn't think I would miss the old gezer but guess what .....I DO ....Keep us posted of this journey ...Hugs Marty
19th November 2010

Spa
Hey glad you are having so much fun.... I can not wait to see Gail (sorry I can not stay until you come back) ask her if it is ok that I come to visit on Friday after Turkey day.

Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.056s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb