One of those go with the random flow days


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario
May 1st 2008
Published: May 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

CN TowerCN TowerCN Tower

very big building, iconic infact.
Tim: As the title suggests it was one of those random go with the flow and see where you end up days which turned out to be a "great success" as Borat would say.

Woke up (good start) and went out around 11:30am. Maybe we were a bit lazy in getting up but hey we had a long day before doing the get from A to B thing. Went to the centre of town and saw a few of the sights in the middle of Toronto, the main sight being the CN tower which claims to be the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere. There was no chance of getting Tomo up it but I might go up later in the week.

Anyhow it turns out that a friend of the Callow family happened to be living in the Totonto area. We met up with him (Phil Yorke) and went to the pub as all good English men do. We had a few beers and something to eat and a good laugh. Yorke then suggested that we go with him and his wife to the football in Toronto, so we did. As it happened Toronto play Major League Soccer (the only Canadian team that do) and they were playing the team we had seen play a few days previously, you guessed it, New York Red Bulls.

Turning up outside and able to get tickets again we looked around for some thing to do. The mancunians were well up for doing all sorts of mischief but I managed to get them into a game of fuzeball vs a few Canadians. This is where men stand strapped to a poles against other men strapped to a poles and try and put the ball in the oppo's net. Much like a bit fuzeball table game just without people either side spinning us around. Tom it turns out is rather handy in goal even without the use of his hands and I am a ginger football god (well we knew that already) I scored 6 of our 10 goals up front 😊.

In the MLS game proper it ended 1 - 1 again not a great standard of play and I am sure I could sneek my way into an MLS side somewhere. Beckham who?

Off to Niagra Falls tommorow (not Viagra Falls as Tom has called it twice already, I can only suppose the water would flow upwards?). Blog ya soon!

Tom: Great Success!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

This one is for Tony SamThis one is for Tony Sam
This one is for Tony Sam

I call Tony Sam, Don Juan amongst other things :) and here he is running his transatlantic business over in Canada. He is an EHO but as you will see a lover of good food too.


7th May 2008

Good to see you both
dont come back.

Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.1016s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb