Background: A land of vast distances and rich natural resources, Canada became a self-governing dominion in 1867 while retaining ties to the British crown. Economically and technologically the nation has developed in parallel with the US, its neighbor to the south across an unfortified border. Canada's paramount political problem is meeting public demands for quality improvements in health care and education services after a decade of budget cuts. The issue of reconciling Quebec's francophone heritage with the majority anglophone Canadian population has moved to the back burner in recent years; support for separatism abated after the Quebec government's referendum on independence failed to pass in October of 1995.
Photos from Kanata
No Start a Travel Diary Free Travel Blog Site
Blogs from Kanata
Latest Blogs from Kanata
- July 27th 2011 Who are we?
by Words: 737 Photos: 0
- July 27th 2011 Group photo and T-shirt design
by Words: 465 Photos: 3
- December 29th 2010 Snowtrip 2010/11 - Cap. 1 - Oh Canada!
by Words: 311 Photos: 0
- January 3rd 2010 Christmas chill in Canada
by Words: 1781 Photos: 4
- June 10th 2007 It Begins
by Words: 80 Photos: 0
- May 29th 2007 Ooops I did it again!
by Words: 684 Photos: 0
- May 12th 2007 The Sens made a liar of me!
by Words: 725 Photos: 0
- April 7th 2007 Planning, Planning!
by Words: 645 Photos: 0