30th June 2008


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Ontario » Collingwood
July 1st 2008
Published: July 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

30th June 2008
After a very late night catching up on the diary while Amy and Richard tried out the first drive in movie of the season ( back at 2.00 am!) we got up quite late and then set off to see the Blue Mountain (ski resort) which is an extension of the Niagara Escarpment behind Wasaga Beach. Unfortunately it was raining so we could not even see the mountain ( I think we would call it a big hill!). So a change of plan and back to Wall-Mart for sandals and sunglasses for Bob and more clothes for Amy!
We had a walk on Wasaga beach which goes for miles and was beginning to fill up with people despite the wind and drizzle ( Did they know something we did not?)
Back to collect Richard for lunch at a beach restaurant and by now the sun was out and the temperature was rising rapidly.
After a very late lunch we went back to the Blue Mountain which was now in glorious sunshine and so we did the scenic cave tour.Some of us had to have a ride back up in the tractor and trailer! After we had seen the full extent of the hill with its ski runs and zip slide and other activities we went down to the resort which looked strange in summer as it is designed as a ski resort like Whistler and Tremblanc. There were a lot of people about as it is used as a golf resort and conference centre in summer. We had a meal at the 3 Guys and a stove restaurant which was struggling to cope with the volume of customers and managed to mess up our order which resulted in us getting free desserts and other reductions so a cheap meal was had by all. It tasted good too. After the meal we went into the main village square and watched a fire dancer, whilst we digested our meal.
Then back to Richards to plan the next days trip.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0859s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb