Canadia!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia
August 1st 2006
Published: August 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Oh, Canada... beautfiul scenery, friendly people, slightly different slang... I'ts an amazing place. We got in last Thursday.. when we got to the border... we were stopped by customs because we fit the profile of smugglers... (Nitsan was wearing his 'I Heart Smuggling' T-Shirt.)

After an hour we were allowed to continue with this stern warning:

"Don't move to Canada and impregnate our women."

Incidentally that was part of a plan I had in mind.

En route to Calgary we passed by fantastically named locations like "Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump."

We got to Calgary and stayed in the HI... it was a nice modern hostel, in the nice modern heart of crack-head central... (yes some of them may be into meth.) But fifteen feet from out first floor window, people were shivering and doing drugs and shit.

I walked passed a guy who was smoking a crack pipe, in broad day-light... and he was just having a normal conversation with other friendly crack headed individuals..

So I wrote the beginning half of this in Revelstoke, BC... after my car broke down unexpectedly... we were taken to the mechanic and he was humming if I were a rich man... which is normally a bad sign. (I HATE MUSICALS) No it's really a bad sign because he realizes he can exploit us...

But because this was Canada, the seemingly most exploitative mechanic ends up giving you a ride to a hostel... and turns out to be a nice guy.

Canadians are great!

After we got out of Revelstoke, we headed for Vancouver.... Vancouver is rated one of the most livable cities in the world. Yeah it was pretty good. We saw some Czech fireworks extravaganza... I don't know what made it Czech... it must have been all of the American swing music that accompanied the show.

We got haircuts at a barber school... the girl told me where to get the best Indian food in Canada...

It was an Indian sportsbar in a strip mall, in a suburb of Vancouver... Desi Junction... it was delicious... the chef was once the cook for the prime minister of India... Boo-yah.

Then we left Canada.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.197s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.158s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb