Day 2 - First Greyhound experience


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia
November 28th 2009
Published: December 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Ok so its 8.30 am having got back in from The Cellar at 3am the night before. Dan's alarm goes off along with the groans of 5 extremely hungover guys all cosied up in a small room! Jack had arranged with the hotel concierge the night before that we have a taxi, that was specifically a minivan as we had many bags to take us to the Greyhound station! We arrived at 9.30 with the bus leaving 15 minutes later, we rush through ticket check in and get scanned before getting on the bus with Jack's comforting story about some lunatic who stabbed some bloke 30 times on a Greyhound!

6 hours and 50 minutes later we rock up in Penticton in pitch blackness knowing nothing about the place, how to get to Apex Mountain Resort or what to do with the accomodation when we got to the resort! So we got on the blower to Ted (My boss/Snow School Director) and the Apex front desk, neither of whom picked up! Jack got on the horn to a local taxi company and organised another minivan to come and pick us up from the Greyhound station! A taxi turns up 30 minutes later and we are greeted by a very redneck man with a huge moustache! What seems like a long time later and 70$ into the taxi journey and theres snow falling pretty heavily and eventually we have to give up as we've lost grip and the strange taxi dude didnt have any chains?! He then took us down back to Penticton and to a hostel where he tells us we have to pay up to which we all take great offence as we ended up coming one block from the Greyhound station! We end up giving him 40$ and have one of the most uncomfortable nights sleep in history!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0654s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb