Arrive in Vancouver


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Vancouver
October 9th 2008
Published: October 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well after a long plan flight we finally landed in Vancouver. After months of planning the plane flight seemed to take for ever, even though it was not a bad flight at all. We arrived to a 12 degree day with light drizzle, this pretty much sumed up most of the week weather wise. We walked around the city a lot the first afternoon trying to fight off jet lag and taking in a few sights before we went back to the hostel.

We stayed in a nice little hostel on Burnaby street in downtown Vancouver. It was a nice little place clean and comfy it only had two problems it was extremely hot at night and the other was unfortunately an Aussie girl who was working on the front desk. She was grumpy and pretty rude to most people. Not doing our country must justice at all.

The next few days we spent walking around Vancouver getting things ready and picking up some essential items for the rest of our time in this very pretty country. We finally got to take in some sights with a trip to Capalino Suspension Bridge and Grouse Mountain. Two very touristy spots
Tree top walkTree top walkTree top walk

Walking through the trees in Capilano Suspension Bridge
but well worth a look as they are very beautiful. The price of entry is a little steep though as we blow $140.00 just on entry. But once inside we quickly for got about the price.

Capilano is a rain forest that has been protected from development and made into Vancouvers most popular tourist attraction. Inside it has a big sespension bridge above a gorge, some Indian heritage attractions and a tree top walk. Since we had been walking around the city for a few days it was nice to get into some nature.

Grouse Mountain in winter is a Ski resort about the size of Mount Buller but you can catch a bus there. In the warmer months people hike and go up to see Coola and Grinder two orphaned bears that are being looked after and studied up on the mountain. Amazing to watch them walk around and play and at the same time not be worried about being attacked.

Next we are off to Jasper National park and the town of Jasper.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Coola and GrinderCoola and Grinder
Coola and Grinder

Two bears from Grouse Mountain


Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0666s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb