On my way to Nakusp B.C.


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Prince George
August 11th 2010
Published: August 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hi All,

Well I'm now travelling with three fellows that all met on the road. Patrick, an Irishman who is doing the Prudhoe bay to Tieraa del Fuego run on an Africa Twin; Paul is from Houston TX and is riding a KLR 650 and Dominic from Jersey on a GS1200. Basically they're on their way to Nakusp to the 9th annual meeting of the Horizons Unlimited website members so I'll tag along too! It should be a good place to swap motorcycle stories and meet new travellers too.
At present I'm sat in the warm sunshine in Prince George BC after a rather lengthy day ...although we didn't ride very far. The concern of the day was Patricks rear tire (Tyre if you're English) that lost a few chunks out of it and was nursed to P.G. only to find the shop had no replacement. We'll be camping close by so we'll try more places tomorrow.
The ride accross from Smithers is now looking more and more like the urban jungle with larger towns, farm fields and even independent gas stations (by that i mean not a gas station/video/grocery/post office/gift shop/restaurant type deal that you find way north. I must be back in civilization.
The bike is still rattling as per usual but has not got any worse. I check the oil everyday and it seems to run just fine. I have managed to grab a shower this evening (as opposed to a wet-wipes bath in the tent) so life is good....even though my towel is a "ShamWow". Tomorrow, Wednesday will be a long day for us as we try and make Kamloops and beyond if possible but i should still be in cell range, thus internet range and able to blog more. The photos are getting less "adventurous' now as we return to civilization but I'll keep putting them out there for you all to look at. in the meantime...remember, if you know someone who wants to donate to a good cause....send them to www.springcreekmv.com/donate !

Regards to you all.

Nevil


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0524s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb