Revelstoke to Kelowna


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » British Columbia » Kelowna
October 20th 2006
Published: October 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

bridges of the rockiesbridges of the rockiesbridges of the rockies

there were lots of bridges. we took pictures of them.
After struggling to wake up from a nasty late-night chinese food hangover (we ate chinese food from a place called Mannings in revelstoke... good idea? that's for you to decide), we hit the road for kelowna. It wasn't going to be a long trip, but we were eager to get into town because we had heard good things. we also had to try to fit in as much as possible because we were originally scheduled for a longer stay (and a day off) in kelowna but that wasn't possible because of the dead batteries in the truck. It was a rainy day, but the driving wasn't affected too much.

Geoff and I arrived in Kelowna, went out for a bit of a walk around downtown, sat in for a nice steak dinner, and then went to the theatre to watch a movie. we saw the departed starring leo dicaprio, matt damon, and jack nicholson.... very good. after the movie we took advantage of the hot tub at the ramada we were staying at and then hit the sack. another day, another dollar...

the next morning had us leaving kelowna for our final, most western destination... vancouver!




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

crazy creekcrazy creek
crazy creek

geoff and i decided to stop at an attraction on the side of the highway... a suspension bridge! it was called crazy creek and they charged an arm and a leg for us to walk the bridge. don't get me wrong... it was still enjoyable!
bob?bob?
bob?

this unfortunate fellow was found in the door of the gift shop at crazy creek. no explanation or name tag... just a mannequin in a wheelchair in an otherwise conservatively presented gift shop.
suspensesuspense
suspense

the suspension bridge at crazy creek
stupid andy geoff picturestupid andy geoff picture
stupid andy geoff picture

another silly self-picture of andy and geoff at crazy creek


Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0253s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb