Rawhide! Meet Ya'll Down at the CAL Gary Stampede!


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Calgary
July 24th 2006
Published: August 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Welcome!Welcome!Welcome!

Let the party begin!
Holee schmoly! This weekend was a blinger!! A contagious cocktail of high speed overnight driving, little sleep, hot girls, short skirts, fun soaked in alcohol, dabbling in a bit of get your freak on, aware of the sounds, loving the surrounds!

We came to party and party we did. The sun was shining for the best part (except the golf ball sized hail that did little to slow us down (ok so not that big, but sounds better doesn’t it?)). For the best part anyway it was sun stroke heaven, crammed concerts backed up at all times with yeeeha’s galore. Nelly Furtado put in a fantastic effort to play all her best (old) songs that nobody knows anymore, a very welcome change to Billy Ray Cyrus recycled (again) and well ‘save a horse, ride a cowboy!’ I must pay a quite homage to that song however seeing that some of the girls in attendance had adopted this slogan for their own and changed it to 'save a horse, ride me' (somewhat appropriate seeing that the Calgary Stampede is officially the second easiest place to score in Canada, after the Merit Music festival that is, which is unashamedly the third easiest
Yeeha!Yeeha!Yeeha!

The Rodeo set in stone. It ain't going nowhere!
place to score in the world. Nb: I didn’t attend the music fest. Come on I have standards). Anyway back to the Stampede…

Rest assured we all worked toward our aformentioned states progressively throughout the day and did thoroughly enjoy watching the rodeo (that’s why we came right??!!) Of particular note had to be the children’s competition where some gung-ho 7 yr old cowboy was pulled behind a baby pony on his stomach after trying to catch it. Hilarious! He was a fantastic sport however and didn’t think twice about his experience.

Talking about ruined, was great to see my friends in such fine form. Have to say the company was nothing shy of… brilliant.

So yeah that’s about it, would tell you more but can’t quite remember more! I just know you should go and definitely stay awhile! Thanks Calgary, thanks Budweiser - you are quite possibly the crappest beer in the world, but good showing at the Stampede! Thanks da crew. Thanks for the yummy lunch at that place on the way home by the road by the entrance to the stampede but way down the other end that people reading this will never find.
Um...Um...Um...

This just a timely warning not to have too much fun now!
Haha sucked in! Thanks Alberta steak - Yum! Thanks, thanks.

JB



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Chuckwagon RacingChuckwagon Racing
Chuckwagon Racing

Go the team!
Yeeeeha!Yeeeeha!
Yeeeeha!

Ironic that the worst riders make the best pictures...
Much fun to be hadMuch fun to be had
Much fun to be had

This city loves it!


31st August 2006

Well, well, well
Well Mr Ben, Glad to see you finally got your unemployed ass and done something useful. Like finish your blog! Can't help but notice there are some choice details missing! Oh well lucky we have those pics to fill in the blanks....no wait we don't HAVE A FRIGGIN CAMERA!!!!!!!!!!! So can't wait for our California advenutres, good times to be had. Which remindes me you still owe me $100 from last week for being your friend! So anywho, just a quick word of advice, you are doing this trip with GIRLS so hence it is not a boys week away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So get your shit together and lets do this monkey..........YEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHAAAA!
5th October 2006

thank f...
..that a few choice details are missing, that's all i can say!!!!

Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0564s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb