Amtrak Coast Starlight (Seattle-San Diego)


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Seattle
September 2nd 2006
Published: September 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Good friends we've met!Good friends we've met!Good friends we've met!

Okay so lets start with the ex con and our strange friend from Tijuana Mexico!
Fresh the trip begins, sending fond memories of Vancouver awash now, for memories of new. Scenery's changing. Brighter skies so to speak, not that one could imagine they grew brighter still, world's different, I'm excited. The start, welcome to Amtrak service from Seattle to San Diego, a track leading to many paths that were to follow.

Memories forged already as I chuckle to myself. The image of two Aussie's drained from the week's past events dragging the 30 tonnes of luggage behind their person. Step one out of the cab to a bus stop which must have seemed far too many more metres away. Alas Seattle here we came, for tomorrow promised so much more. Unknown encounters, what to expect? Nobody knows for sure.

The train is next, never looking back, our cheap and slow moving refrigerator. Reclining chairs seemingly luxurious, but better still teamed with people that were to become of interest. Riccardo our first friend a crazy 51 year old Mexican from Tijuana heading home from Alaska, Brooke our Australian child returning from New York after summer camp, Vanessa a young cop seemingly searching for something else yet reluctantly heading home in the interim - worry not!
Little amigo's!Little amigo's!Little amigo's!

Not quite old enough to drink, but tended to have a little more energy than us in the morning!
she we'll see again! Dave, haha, yeah Dave good man, its not often one shall find an ex con loaded with bags of goodies love from Mom! Some more Mexican boys, this time young and full of energy, a few others that dont get a name, some nice, some strange, some obese, some insane!

Not forgetting that this trip was hours 30 in the making, time was there to indulge in a drink or many. Yes Mr Conductor we will obey, drink responsibly on the train or we might not see out the day. Day two was lighter on the spoils of man, prob due to a lost nights sleep, thanks for stealing my bed Leace, lucky you got up, sucked in, my bed regained!

Hightailing it through uncharted lands, this has got to be the best, into California, the land so familiar thanks to TV, yet foreign all the same. Scraping money from where it hides best. Thanks a much to the generosity of strangers, we had a plan. Cheap liquor, real people, long nights, little sleep. The party train’s rocking baby, hop on in!



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Mmmmm breakfast!Mmmmm breakfast!
Mmmmm breakfast!

Say no more...
The drinking carriageThe drinking carriage
The drinking carriage

Early day's... we never knew what the rest would return.
California SunsetCalifornia Sunset
California Sunset

Well the best I could do outta a speeding train!


Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0733s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb