Seattle Schmattle


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Seattle
June 29th 2006
Published: July 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

It was surely the trip each way that livened and set this trip up to be the way it was. Curious, unexpected, misguided but most importantly fun! Up shit creek without any decent radio stations, Leace’s CD collection came into play and with house music blaring like it would back home, on hopped the unlikely family and off we were, um, which way??!!! Don’t really know, didn’t really care!

After bullshitting our way through US immigration, nearly running over an immigration officer and deciding not to employ any road diesels along the way, our next task was trying to make sense out of the plain, simple folk at the Green Tortoise hostel (I thought this place was alright, but in hindsight I agree with my friends, absolute shit - cept for the boardroom, good things happen in the boardroom!). Word of advice, do not visit Rock Bottom for drinks or food, unless you have of course hit absolute rock bottom, not worth the stress! Oh well, tomorrow offered so much more…

Mini adventures, best described by the photo’s attached, we visited many a sight. Played many a game. Shopped in thrice a shop and ran into one times a
Parking MeterParking MeterParking Meter

Um yeah... i met something special on this trip. It wasn't very responsive to my affection!
parking meter placed there but once a lazy fucking city worker - needless to say tooth through lip, out other side and into chin, awesome! Forever the scar tissue remindith me of that day :P

Never fear folks! That just meant there was nothing left to do but get smashed and smashed we did! Funnily enough most of our partying was left for the car ride home… funky, monetarily, beneficial, enormous!! Lets do that again for sure! Blah!!

Final impressions of Seattle? Ah… whatever. Not the sort of place I’d tell people to go, nor would warn against going. It is like a pot simmering on low heat but which contents has been cooked by a distant aunty that isn’t the best chef. Much goodness and fun to be had if you’re hungry enough, but it ain’t that super casserole you’re looking for. Skip the under ground tour if you’re there and probably the space needle too. Hit the markets instead. Soak up that Northwestern culture, visit rude restaurants, party hard (until closing time at 2am) and walk the walk. I know there’s so much more, maybe if I could be bothered visiting again, otherwise…

Adios Seattle!
Yes the markets...Yes the markets...Yes the markets...

here's where the action is. touristy or not!




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Space NeedleSpace Needle
Space Needle

Kinda looks the same as every other space needle/thingy in the world doesn't it??!
You can always rely on Irish bars...You can always rely on Irish bars...
You can always rely on Irish bars...

There wasn't much going on, but we found a party after not too long!
Shooting back over the bridge back home.Shooting back over the bridge back home.
Shooting back over the bridge back home.

Some beautiful photography captured by Catherine on the way back home
Farewell GoodnightFarewell Goodnight
Farewell Goodnight

Some sunsets are worth capturing no matter where you are. hick. Hick!


Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0752s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb