Northwest Adventure Day 6


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Calgary
September 21st 2008
Published: October 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

NW Adventure Day 6


Leaving Glacier National Park


Glacier National Park was very special for both of us. Yet, there were other memories to create in our ventures further north. It was a cooler, cloudy day. We decided to deviate from our original plan and skip Waterton International Peace Park in order to get further into Canada, toward Banff, Lake Louise, and the Columbia Icefields. We would stay the night in Calgary, a city Jerry wanted to see, and then move into the Canadian Rockies tomorrow. We took our time, taking full advantage of morning coffee on the balcony of our room and getting things packed up. The last two days were non-stop so a relaxing morning was wonderful.

We again thanked the hotel staff and checked out. We crossed the border into Canada without issue. Guess we looked like true travelers so they let us in. We could see the mountains of Waterton Park far to the right as we drove. Other than that, scenery was uneventful. We stopped for breakfast in a small Canadian town and was surprised at the pricing. Hotel and dinner in Calgary was also somewhat pricey, something we hadn't planned on. We knew the US dollar was now less than the Canadian dollar but not by much. Gas did not seem very reasonable either so we began thinking Canada was going to be more expensive than we might have figured. Not a problem, just an observation yet to be confirmed.

Uneventful Day


We arrived in Calgary, noted its size and similarity to other cities, found a hotel, and discovered we were actually quite tired from the last couple of days in Glacier. We ordered pizza and had a calm, quiet evening, watching the Packer game. We started looking at maps for the Canadian Rockies. Our plan was to stay in Banff the next two days and drive the Columbia Icefields road in one day. However, we decided to reverse that, drive through to Jasper tomorrow and spend the night in Jasper. Then, decide what to do from there. We both agreed one day at a time right now was fine. Weather was getting a little iffy so we wanted to take it as it came, staying flexible.

That's about it for today. It was a quick, uneventful day, and we were still tired from constantly being on the go.




Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

GoneGone
Gone

No more Glacier NP mountains


Tot: 0.289s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 58; dbt: 0.1553s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 3; ; mem: 1.1mb