Bragg Creek Days


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Bragg Creek
July 22nd 2006
Published: July 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

the winning floatthe winning floatthe winning float

the oldies of the town really went all out!
Every town in Alberta has their own little 'fair' at sometime throughout the warmer months. Today we went to the main day of "Bragg Creek Days", the celebration the small town of Bragg Creek hosts.

There was a breakfast of pancakes, sausages, hash browns and juice, lots of little farmers market stalls selling bits and pieces, amusement and games for the kiddies, live entertainment by various singing groups and such, and a parade!

Ok, so it was no Stampede Parade, but it was quite entertaining! The people on the floats throw lollies out to the crowd, and although it didnt go for very long, there were lots of little groups in it, which is excellent considering the size of the town!

After some brekky, the parade and a look around, we went back home to escape the heat of the day, but eventually went swimming at the river with a large amount of relatives and friends of the Courtneys before a big dinner, some chatting and bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

kids on bikeskids on bikes
kids on bikes

they had loads of organised days when kids could meet and decorate their bikes for the parade
random pirate floatrandom pirate float
random pirate float

i forget what this was for... but its cool anyways!
i want this car!i want this car!
i want this car!

how cool is this! the antique car club had loads of entries in the parade


Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0547s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb