Calgary Stampeders


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Calgary
July 21st 2006
Published: July 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

McMahon StadiumMcMahon StadiumMcMahon Stadium

Here the Stamps and Lions line the sides of the field, the cheerleaders line the centre of the field with Canadian Flags and we sing the national anthem
Today was a lazy day for Kat - went swimming at the river for a good 3 or 4 hours and hung out at home with the Courtneys.

For me (Jason) however, the night was much more exciting!

Heading into Calgary at about 5, I met up with Ryan at the Chinook Mall, and we haeded to McMahon Stadium - the home grounds of the Stamps. Even at this time of night it was still about 25-30 degrees. We grabbed some burgers for dinner, then made our way up into the grandstands to find our seats.

Canadian football is similar to American football, except it is played on a bigger field (I think) and has a few different rules.........and I still don't really understand many of them!

It was an interesting night, with lots of new things to learn. The Stamps were up against the BC Lions. Unfortunately the Stamps didn't come up with the goods, and the BC Lions took the victory.

The game was finished by about 10ish, and Ryan drove me back home. Even though i didn't understand the most of the game, it was still a night of heaps of fun!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Ready, Set.........Ready, Set.........
Ready, Set.........

The teams get themselves set for another 'down'...........
The OutridersThe Outriders
The Outriders

And lets not forget the cheerleaders!!


Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0396s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb