a few days to catch up on


Advertisement
Canada's flag
North America » Canada » Alberta » Calgary
July 25th 2006
Published: July 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

McKay's Icecream ShopMcKay's Icecream ShopMcKay's Icecream Shop

oh yeah... so many choices... so little time...
Sunday:
A bit of a sleep in and a leisurely brunch and before we all knew it it was after midday! It was SO humid so Mary, Ali and the two of us went into Cochrane to get icecream from this awesome place that makes its own in SO many flavours its hard to choose!
Everyone must have had the same idea because the lineup was massive. Lucky for us, our part of the line had progressed inside the store by the time the rain hit, so we got our icecream and stayed out of the rain to eat it!
The ride home was eventful... after some rain a full blown prarie hail storm hit! So we endured 10min of hail that hit hard and settled on the ground like snow!

Monday:
We decided to bake today. So us and Ali rode bikes into Bragg Creek (around 7kms each way - and uphill going there) to get some vital ingredients from the grocery store. And then because we were tired when we got there we got smoothies and slice (or Subway for Jase) to sustain us for the ride home. We cooked up a storm after some well earned lounging
the line up for icecreamthe line up for icecreamthe line up for icecream

and this is only part of it!
recovery time. ANZAC biscuits, choc chip cookies, and a damper to go with dinner.
Also, our parcel from home arrived so we had a good night of checking things out!

Tuesday:
Went into the city to run some errands today. Posted parcels of gifts and things we dont need anymore back home, added some candy and Graham crackers (for S'mores) and caught the bus out to visit Lora and drop off some pressies. Then we were off to get some photos printed, have lunch, do some window shopping, and get a pressie for Jon to say "happy 18th birthday (its the same day as mine - Kat), congrats on some awesome school results, and congrats on getting your driver's licence all within a week!" Then it was a big family early birthday dinner at an awesome sushi restaurant, where we had a "Calgary roll" - specialty of the restaurant with a variety of seafood. Then we came home for a dessert of raspberry cheesecake brownie and icecream!

And we can't forget.... a big yell out to Jessi K... HAPPY 18th!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

our first prarie-storm!our first prarie-storm!
our first prarie-storm!

a bit blurry... but check it out! Unbelievable!


Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0653s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb