Training in Dubai! x


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
July 7th 2007
Published: July 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well hello there guys!!

So as most of you know I'm in Dubai!!!

The flat is lovely and I'm living with a girl from my interview and we were on the same flight together too so thats worked out well. Its a 2 bed flat and very nice indeed. Will take a while to make homely but we are getting there slowly.

We were into college the day after we arrived and had talks about basic things like accomodation, wages, uniform, fires and STDs!!!!!

Then I had my first proper day training which started on Thursday and now its intense for 5 weeks........... Im in the first group so its a 5.30am (home 2.30am) wake up for me and I finish at 3.30 (12.30) so the days are long as there is so much to learn!

I have my uniform now and have to follow very very strick uniform and grooming guidelines!!! Not something I love doing at 5.30am!!!! Never been a fan of hair up and lipstick, never mind red!!!!

Thursday we covered turbulance and had to go in a simulator which is just like a plane inside and we even had to "take off" which felt soooo real it was wierd!!! I had to do an example of the procedures in expected turbulance!!!! Vix L, Tam and Vix B you would have hated it!!!!

The heat here is unreal!!! Its 40 odd all day long, even through the eve!!!! Its mad and have never felt anything like it before!

This weekend we went to the beach, I had to stay in the shade as it was our first proper day in this kinda heat as we are picked up everyday for college and droppped off so constantly in air con!!! (can i just say there is a lad next to me in internet place with little stereo listening to Blue All Rise!!!!!! O infact the album!!!!!!) Well that was an exprience as the locals just stare at you and even take photos of you on their mobiles (you have to tell them politely to F off im afraid otherwise they know you are new!!!) But they dont come really close so its not too bad!!!

Last night we headed out- 11 of us to see what the hype about this country was as we hadnt seen anything yet!!! You have to get taxis everywhere over here and a few of us ventured out the other eve to end up in a "dance" club.......... the "belly dancing" wasnt traditional and we were in a place full of men eying up their preferred girl!!!!!!! Typical of me hey!!! But last night made up for it as we went to some great bars (ladies drink free champers) then onto a club............................... some guys bought us a bottle of vodka which was perfect as we are on a strict budget!!!!!

Managed to see Clo once but we speak everyday......... Our accom is a little far out but helps as I will be overloaded with homework this next 5 weeks- full days then 3 hrs homework every eve!!! No going out for me for a while but good as I have spent my advance salary which is to last me til the 26th!!! opppppps!!!

Its very strict over here and seems you can be arrested for everything!!! You need an alcohol license to buy and drink in bars (tourists are ok).............. you have to watch what u wear and in this heat its hard but the shops are amazing!!!!!

Urmmm what else???!!!!................................... still cant believe I am here really!!!

Hope you are all ok in the rain back home!!! Have to go as need to go food shopping, do homework and shower hair wash for the morning and its already 9pm!!!! xxxx

There are more photos but computer isnt good so slow x



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



7th July 2007

you look fantastic in your uniform[but i knew you would]even the red lipstick,red is one of your colours.love u .xxxx mum
7th July 2007

Loving the head gear!
Hi hon! Got your email and can access the blogs from the office here in the dorada which is cool!! Glad all is going well, it sounds mad. Its hot here but not as escorchio as it sounds there! have a good one! The plans for the travels are all still going on so far so good! Take care and enjoy! Love di xxx PS - you missing Birse yet???! :o)
7th July 2007

Check you out!
Looking good bex ;) Nice to see your settling in. Yeah those simulators are weird, been in some with my mate (pilot), its amazing how real they are! Do they sell salad cream sandwiches out there???
8th July 2007

Lovin' the lippy
Oh sticks............lovin' you in your uniform!!!!! and the red smiles!!!!! Very good to hear from you and glad everything is going well. lots of love x x x x x
13th July 2007

wow
you look hot in the red lippy!!! glad thigs are going well, the 5 weeks will go fast. you spending your wages in advance.....no way!!! take care XXXX

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb