More Istanbul Photos


Advertisement
Turkey's flag
Middle East » Turkey » Marmara » Istanbul
September 10th 2006
Published: September 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

More pics from Istanbul. Everywhere you look seems likes a page of a history book! We have tons more photos than what we've posted here, so let us know if you'd like to see the rest (not on the site, in person!).


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Hagia SophiaHagia Sophia
Hagia Sophia

First a church, then a mosque, and now a museum. Unfortunately they are restoring much of it so we were only allowed to see the "nave" portion of the monument. It was the first site we visited in Istanbul.
Basilica CisternBasilica Cistern
Basilica Cistern

An underground waterway. It was nice and cool in here! Some fellow travelers told us this wasn't worth visiting, but we were glad we did.
Roxellana's tombRoxellana's tomb
Roxellana's tomb

At the Suleymaniye Mosque, we visited the tomb of Roxellana, who was Suleyman the Magnificent's wife.
The grounds of the Blue MosqueThe grounds of the Blue Mosque
The grounds of the Blue Mosque

An outdoor shot of the mosque. We did go inside--we had to cover our hair and remove our shoes.
Blue Mosque at nightBlue Mosque at night
Blue Mosque at night

The Blue Mosque at night is breathtaking.


10th September 2006

Blue Mosque at Night
What a delightful little crop failure! Could you ship two of those back for me? Does it come in any other colors besides blue? Honestly, it's breath taking in pictures, so I can only imagine how beautiful it is in person. I like the picture you took of the cistern.

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb